Radiating Sunshine: Gratitude

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gratitude

Sorry, blog friends! I have kind of taken a technology hiatus while I was home for break so unfortunately that also meant a break from all of you wonderful readers… anyways, I'm back!

So its officially December and that means that the "month" of discussing what we are thankful for has come and gone…But, should being thankful ever end? NOOO!! Sometimes I feel like we recognize November as being the month to give thanks, but the other 11 months of the year aren't recognized as months where you can and should also express your gratitude.  I mean seriously so many people write/post about what they are thankful for in November, and then once December rolls around it can vanish just as quickly as it came. Now, I am not accusing any of you of not being thankful for the many good things that are in your life. But, we can be thankful and we should be thankful ALL THE TIME! 

So, I challenge you all to look at December and every other month of the year as a month to express your gratitude for the things in your life. Recognize that God is good and tell others how much they mean to you. Since I'm kind of a Well Cast junkie I thought I share with you all a short clip of the Gratitude Experiment. Being thankful can do more than just improve relationships and your life :)



If the link above doesn't work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5lZBjWDR_c

Comment below on your thoughts and let me know if you are going to do the gratitude experiment. I keep my little thankful sheet in my binder and am constantly adding things to it. I love you all and am endlessly thankful for you stopping by Radiating Sunshine.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always thankful. Since we don't have a Thanksgiving holiday here, I don't dedicate any specific time to being thankful or thinking about it... I'm just thankful for the good things in my life.. all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanne, I think thats wonderful! It seriously frustrates me when people think that you should only recognize what you're thankful for during November or at least verbalize it anyways. Thanks for the comment :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful blog! I'm thankful for God's hand in my life, even though I fail, I feel His arms just holding me and guiding me. I also thank God for touching others to help our country's loss because of typhoon Haiyan. It's been devastating but I know God has a plan. I'm grateful that no matter how bleak the situation is I know He won't desert me and He'll hold my hand as it comes to pass.

    Thanks for this! I also followed your lovely blog on GFC :D Hope you can return the favor! :) Also, I'm giving away a domain on my blog! Please feel free to join :D
    http://www.ohpenda.com/2013/11/Giveaway2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Penda that was a really touching comment! I will definitely stop by your blog :) Can't wait to read more!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...