Radiating Sunshine: Break Recap 12/2/13

Monday, December 2, 2013

Break Recap 12/2/13

So, instead of just doing the traditional weekend recap I figured I would morph this post into a break/ Thanksgiving recap. 


So, for starters I got the special privilege of preparing the turkey! What you see above is me rubbing the mayonnaise and spices mix over the turkey. I was a little hesitant to rub mayo over the turkey, but it made the skin so delicious. Definitely recommended. 


The cooking did not stop even after I got to my aunts house! My aunt does not own any aprons which is beyond dangerous especially when you're in charge of the sweet potatoes and creamed spinach, so I had to make do with a little towel tucked in my shirt. 


Some of the ladies! Sorry for the poor picture quality on this picture.


6 woman selfie! 


And finally after we were all stuffed to the breaking point. My wonderful family and I traveled down to good ole' Baltimore for some Ravens love! It was the Ravens vs. Steelers game and it was a great time. Thankfully it wasn't too cold… but my sister and I came prepared with the layers. Check out those top notch Ravens ponchos above :)


Anyways, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and break as a whole. I worked a lot at the Limited, which was awesome. It was great getting back into the swing of things! I can't wait to be home officially for Thanksgiving Break in 12 days.

4 comments:

  1. THOSE PONCHOS!!!! Oh my gosh, they look soooo warm! That's so awesome that you went to a game :) Also, mayo? on a turkey? I am not a big mayo fan, but if it makes the skin extra tasty - then I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I seriously love the ponchos! They are amazing. And yeah, mayo on a turkey! I'm not a big mayo fan either, but it added a new flavor to the turkey. The skin is kind of my favorite part hahaha

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Major kudos to you for taking over the turkey! I think I could handle the sides, but the turkey is so intimidating to me! Glad yall had such a wonderful holiday!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea, I'm sure you could handle the turkey! You'll get your shot sooner then later :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...