Radiating Sunshine: My Favorite Christian Songs

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Favorite Christian Songs

So, lets talk music real quick... I like to think I have a pretty decent taste in music, but naturally everyone thinks that their music choice is awesome... until they are DJ in the car and suddenly they're overcome with doubt that everyone will actually hate your music selection and all confidence fades away. But, seriously is anyone else terrified about being DJ? 

Anyways, lets get back on topic, shall we? So, I was doing what I usually do when I'm bored and that is explore Spotify, make playlists, find a song I love, play it on repeat for hours, and then repeat the cycle when the song gets old. This is a vicious cycle that defines my life… just ask my Freshmen year roommate, Hannah. Pretty sure she heard You and I by Ingrid Michaelson about 5,000 times…

I just noticed this post is turning into a giant tangent. So, I'll actually get back on topic, officially. I love Christian music and am so thankful that I go to a great church that's worship is always on point with what I need to hear! Seriously though, every Sunday they do a terrific job and I feel so renewed. Well, this feeling of renewal inspired a Spotify playlist and I now have quite a nice playlist going that I listen to and sing to (totally off key, if I may add). And I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Christian songs in the hope that if you listen to them, they will give you the same feeling of renewal that I experience every week. 

Oceans (Where My Feet May Fail) - Hillsong United
Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns
Jesus, Son of God- Passion
Strangely Dim- Francesca Battistelli
Your Love is Extravagant- Casting Crowns
How Great is Our God- Chris Tomlin
Hosanna- Hillsong United
I Need a Miracle- Third Day 
Courageous- Casting Crowns
Hello, My Name Is- Matthew West
God's Great Dance Floor- Chris Tomlin
You Are I Am - MercyMe
Your Love is Like a River- Third Day
Scandal of Grace- Hillsong United
10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) - Matt Redman
Here I Am to Worship- Tim Hughes

Alright, I could go on and on… but basically my spotify playlist includes a lot of Hillsong United and various artists. If you're interested in listening to the playlist you can follow it via Spotify. Anyways, to conclude I wanted to share some lyrics from Oceans by Hillsong United… I literally sing these words with every ounce of being and I thought I'd share them with all of you :) 


If you have some suggestions of songs that I can add to my favorites list comment below… 
My Spotify playlist is quite lengthy but, I'm always looking to add things to the mix!

2 comments:

  1. We have so many of the same favorites! We have been singing Oceans a lot in church lately and I love it.

    I also love You Are God Alone by Phillips Craig and Dean, Our God Is Greater by Chris Tomlin, and I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea, I'm so glad we love the same songs!! And those songs are truly beautiful. I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me is the first Christian song I ever fell in love with… back in middle school! I just listened to it on repeat because of your comment, thanks chica!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...