Radiating Sunshine: Why I Love Finals Week

Monday, December 9, 2013

Why I Love Finals Week

Okay, so if you read this title you are probably genuinely concerned that I am a freak and you're about to decide to never speak to a girl who loves finals week again… but, before you go here me out!

So, here are eight reasons why I love finals week:

One… there are no classes! Unlike when you take midterms, during finals week all you have to do is take finals, study for the finals, and do any last minute assignments.

Two… if you genuinely study and do well throughout the entire semester finals week is like a giant recap, full of a ton of study sessions and late night break downs with friends in the library. The bonding that occurs over preparing for a final can really fortify a friendship.

Three… you get to drink as much coffee as you want. But, seriously I have basically been hooked up to the caffeine drip for three days now and its awesome.

Four…After you finish your finals you get to go home! Well, I don't get to go home but most people do. I finish finals on Wednesday but I'm here till Saturday for RA duties. But, no worries I have a whole list of fun activities to make sure I'm not bored from Wednesday to Saturday.
    Some of those activities include: babysitting my favorite set of twins, working at my mentorship, secret santa parties, volunteering with the Office of Social Justice, and attending a Christmas dance!

Five… you snack all day. I'm pretty sure I consume more food over finals than I do over the holidays, but regardless you get to snack on holiday cookies and other sweets as you discuss exhaustion and how your procrastination levels are at their highest peak.

Six… you can wear sweatpants and look like a scrub without anyone judging you. Now, if you're a weirdo like me you will actually get dressed and look presentable for your finals. But, if you pulled an all nighter or you're just too lazy to color coordinate... the classic sweatpants and sweatshirt combo with bed head is totally in.
      For most girls: leggings are pants during this special week of their academic experience

Seven… you become an goal setter. If you read any book on happiness one of the biggest techniques to living a happy and healthy lifestyle is setting goals. Well, during finals week everyone sets goals. Now, whether your goal is the lowest possible grade you can get on the final and still pass the class or to get 100% on all of your finals, you set those goals and do everything in your power to make sure they happen.

Eight… everyone you know is all fighting the same battle that you are… and you are constantly sharing with others how hard this week is and how you probably won't survive. But, by a miracle or by fate you find yourself driving home and you are still breathing.

So, to all of my fellow college students who are fighting the same fight! I believe in you. 
Stay strong and know that you are not alone. And more importantly look at finals in 
a positive way. Because even though the workload may be awful it is psychologically 
proven that you will succeed if you have a positive outlook. 

So, be positive and love finals! 

9 comments:

  1. I love this! So true. Except half of this stuff I do all year round (the coffee and snacking at least)! Good luck on your finals! I have my last one Friday- I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I'm glad you liked it! I enjoyed writing it! and ahh update me on how it goes! We are almost done :) and good luck too!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. When I read your post title, I was like "Girl, you are crazy!" But those are some pretty legit reasons. I am also a college student and it's good to know I am not alone :) Thanks for the post!

    I found you through the Grab a Friend blog hop. I am now following you through Bloglovin♥

    http://jasamcaldwell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Jasam, I thought I was crazy when writing it!! And yes, you have my support!!

      And sweet, I'm gonna hop on over to your blog too :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about school anymore. I totally remember those day though, and you are spot on. However, I'm still always looking for an excuse to have a snack :)

    Brittney
    http://www.bsknees.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I can say I'm done! Hahaha but glad you remember those days. And seriously snacking is the best. I'm currently nomming on some peanut butter fudge. Why? I have no idea!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. TODAY'S THE DAY!!! Good luck with the last one. I seriously love this list, mainly the leggings, snacking constantly, and the coffee drip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND I'M DONE!!! :) Thanks for the comment, Meg!

      Delete
  5. I'm on my summer holidays and it feels so great to finally not do anything. And not think haha.
    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...