Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 2/10/14

Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap 2/10/14

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did… which, I feel like is a reoccurring theme. Especially since, I'm probably never ever going to complain about the weekend because well, its the weekend. Anyways, here is a brief highlight of my low key family and res. life kind of weekend…

If I had to choose the best part of my entire weekend it would probably be what you see below. 

What is this fine delicacy? Well, its called a pizookie
Where do you find pizookies? At BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Are there different types of pizookies? There are multiple different pizookies that range from peanut butter (my personal favorite), chocolate chunk, white macadamia nut, red velvet, cookies n' cream, and triple chocolate. 
I'm pretty much obsessed with saying pizookie, now. 
The first time I went to BJ's was this past summer in College Station, TX! So, when I saw they opened up one in Frederick, I knew I had to call my parents up and see if we could meet for dinner. It was nice going to a place that brought back so many of my memories from Texas. Anyways, after a month of not seeing my parents, we finally were reunited and shared the best dinner/dessert.

Sometimes when I'm away at school I forget about how long its been since I've been home or have seen my parents. Sure, we will talk on the phone every week but, thats definitely not the same as seeing them. As I get older I can't help but feel like my time of having them close by is becoming limited. I know I probably won't end up in Maryland for grad school and I probably won't even return to MD post grad school either, so for the next year and a half I really need to take advantage of the opportunities I have to be close to them. Alrighty, I'm gonna stop being so morose and go back to the pizookie.... Saturday night was definitely the highlight of the weekend and I'm incredibly blessed to have the parents that I do. I'm also beginning to think that my sweet tooth is beginning to run my life.

How was your weekend?

Special shout out to my good friend, Ben on his 21st birthday! 

8 comments:

  1. Omg I'm starving and those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, every time I look at them I instantly start craving them!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. Wow I need to try one of those!! I've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I hadn't heard of them either until I went to this restaurant. I hope they open one up near you :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. What is a pizookie exactly? Is it like ice cream on a pie?
    By the wayyy you're so right about it feels like the time of having parents close is limited! Since I study abroad right now and don't plan to come back home after I graduate college unless I *really* have to, the time when I left home for college I knew my world wasn't going to be the same. It felt weird leaving my bedroom and all my routines in the place I called home. It felt like I could never come back to that kind of life I used to know so well and I was quite emotional about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like a cookie pie that is baked topped with ice-cream! Zia, it is so good! And yeah, I'm glad you know how I feel. Its nothing you can prepare for it and its so hard! Hope you can visit home soon-ish.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh that looks sooo amazing! This made me so hungry! I'm going to go look up the recipe! xx

    <(") Hoda
    JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoda, let me know if you find the recipe! Thanks for the comment, I'll have to make them too.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...