Radiating Sunshine: Bliss Link Up 2/26/14

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bliss Link Up 2/26/14


Today, I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Meg at Borrowed Heaven! Yeah, I know I link up with this chic a lot but, thats because she is totally awesome. Anyways, the last Wednesday of each month I will be joining this lovely lady and her friend Heather for a link up on what brings bliss to one's life.

Bliss is such a wonderful thing and recognizing what brings one happiness in life is so so important. Just the act of writing out what I'm thankful for and what has brought joy to my life is such a wonderful exercise.

So, in honor of the fact that I only have 95 days until I leave for Austria… " these are a few of my favorite things…"

getting lost in stories… I've been reading a lot and I honestly love getting lost in different stories. I get personally attached to the characters and the authors (cough cough, Elin Hilderbrand) I've been reading know a way to make my heart melt. Okay, so maybe I'm reading a lot of cheesy love stories, big whoop!

meeting new people… Recently, I have felt really blessed to have gotten to meet some pretty incredible people. New friendships are budding all around, like the impending Spring that I'm hoping will be here sooner rather than later and it's so nice… I just love people I guess.

being home… I'm currently writing this post from my living room sofa and boy is it nice. I calculated out that I'll only be home for 8 weeks in 2014, which is kind of depressing… so I'm gonna soak up this couch time and enjoy being home when I get the opportunity.

quotes… I keep a quote journal and lately I've been adding to it a lot. Other people's words inspire me so much and maybe one day I'll be written in someone else's quote journal. One of my personal favorites is:

In the end, only three things matter: 
how much you loved,
how gently you lived, 
and how gracefully you let go of things
not meant for you. 

pancakes… I don't know why but, lately I can't get enough of pancakes. Like seriously, I want to get a lifetime membership to IHOP or something.

6 comments:

  1. I always love meeting new friends - it helps you realize what different personalities you've been missing out on! Every person is so unique! I love your idea of a quote journal and the one you shared is beautiful! I may just have to start one myself! And yuuuummmm... I love pancakes too! My personal fave: Chocolate Chip! Thanks so much for linking up with us, Hope to see you post next month too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, absolutely!! It is such a great idea I'll definitely be back and will definitely have to check out your blog too. And you totally should, I'm hoping to show off my quote journal in the next few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are getting SO CLOSE to Austria!!! I loooove The Sound of Music, and I really hope you go dancing through hillsides while you're there! I love quotes and pancakes - now I want some right now ;) Thanks so much for linking up with us! Can't wait to see what you have in store next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, next month I'll be at school so I will definitely add some pictures of some products! Really excited :)

      Delete
  3. Austria?! Ugh. Can you feel the jealousy coming from my side of the internet?
    Stopping by from the link up! Nice to "meet" you :)
    Going to stalk your curly hair post--us curled headed folks must unite! ;)

    http://marrymint.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am! I still can't even believe I'll be there in a few short months.
      Its wonderful to "meet" ya too! And please, do :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...