Radiating Sunshine: Radiating Sunshine

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Radiating Sunshine

photo credit: Kelly Callahan @ Deep Creek Lake, MD
Today, I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers, Mackenzie @ Bell Bliss and we're talking about what our blog names mean to us. And just like almost every other blogger out there, Radiating Sunshine definitely has meaning.

radiating: verb, emit (energy, esp. light) in the form of rays or waves
sunshine: noun, direct sunlight unbroken by cloud, esp. over a comparatively large area

Now, the literal definition of my blog is great. But, Radiating Sunshine takes on a more symbolic meaning to me. Since I can remember I've always been conscious of living a positive lifestyle. When I was a little girl I always thought that smiling was ten times better than frowning and my parents raised me to find joy in the little things. And as fate would have it, during my senior year of High School I took AP Psychology and we did a unit on happiness (Positive Psychology). I found out that there were scientific studies done on happiness and how living a happy lifestyle can drastically improve your quality of life. A simple smile can really change how you feel and how others feel around you. So, four year later I am still choosing that happy lifestyle and now my goal is to spread happiness around.

Its hard to live in a world where you are constantly surrounded by so much sin and sadness. When you live in a society that broadcasts hate over love, its easy to get scooped up in negativity. Even though, I don't fully understand why bad things happen to good people or why children die before they've ever been given the chance to live. I know deep down inside that to choose to be a negative person is far greater a loss, than choosing to live positively. Many people don't know that happiness rests in their hands. People struggle with understanding that you choose {happiness} and its not just a gift that every person has.

So, I wake up every day and I try to radiating sunshine… because choosing to be unhappy is just not an option.

"if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your
face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" 
- Roald Dahl 

10 comments:

  1. I really love the meaning behind your name! Being postive is part of my new years resolution :)

    Happy to be a new follower here! Tattered To Taylored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taylor! I'm so glad I can hopefully help with your new years resolution! And I'm definitely gonna visit your blog :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. Love this....as a person who chooses to see life as a glass half full I can so appreciate it!
    Glad I found you through the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you believe it to be a choice too! Yay, glad you commented.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. I love this!!! You are such a positive lady and you definitely radiate sunshine up here to CT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh good, hopefully my sunshine will keep you guys warm up there ;)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. Such great meaning, and a great reminder behind your blog name! It seems like positivity has become such a rare and under appreciated trait in society lately. Bring all you've got! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more with you, Allison! I try so hard to continue to spread some positive cheer around. Thanks for the comment :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  5. LOVE that quote! And love the name of your blog. I really do believe you can choose to be happy and you will be. I've seen it in action! Being happy is so much better than being unhappy! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Mackenzie! I've thought about writing about the title for sometime so you gave me the perfect opportunity :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...