Radiating Sunshine: Why I Love Winter

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why I Love Winter

the image that inspired me to re-appreicate winter

why i love winter

It is so easy to get sucked up in the bitter cold when winter strikes. I fall victim to letting negativity take me over when I'm freezing on my walk to classes or when I have to run outside to warm up my car. I find myself wishing I had a pair of those special gloves that would allow me to check my phone as I'm walking around campus and I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I can stay inside for as long as possible during the day. Winter used to be something meaningful, something beautiful. But, now when snow pops up on the forecast I only think in terms of getting a delay or a day of school. I don't wear my pajamas inside out and backwards, build snowmen, and drink hot cocoa as I sit in front of the fire. In a sense, I sort of stopped appreciating God's beautiful creation and started thinking in a practical snow is a pain in the butt- kind of way.

But, last week when I was walking to a friends for dinner I realized how I let the cold run through me and make me not appreciate the beauty of this season. Seriously though, I had become this anti-winter complainer that I never once was. And I realized just how unfortunate that was. Yes, the snow can cause many inconveniences. When snow hits, automobile accidents soar and people who are without homes are literally freezing to death. In the face of all of that sadness and while you're freezing your tush off while you wait outside for something, it's easy to hate the winter. But, for a second just think about how beautiful this season is. Sure the groundhog has predicted six more weeks of winter and it would be beyond easy to complain and crave warm weather. But, wrap yourself up in a warm coat and go outside. Breathe in the cold crisp air into your lungs and thank God that you live in a place where you can literally have a winter wonderland in your backyard. And while you're thanking God for the beauty of the season, go ahead and thank him for Spring that will be here before we know it.

2 comments:

  1. <3 love this! What a great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane!! I knew you would :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...