Radiating Sunshine: "Dorm" talk

Thursday, November 21, 2013

"Dorm" talk

Let's talk residence halls... I've already posted pictures of my dorm room and I keep y'all updated on the happenings in my life... But, rarely do I and other bloggers take pictures or fill you in on the chaos behind the posts.

So, here I am countering that beautifully organized "dorm" room with a picture of what my residence hall room looks like after a week of staying up until 3am working and only being in my room to sleep and shower.  


Now, for those of you who know me personally you know that I am not a slob by any means. Usually my room looks exactly like the photos I posted, here. But, this is college and I wanted to talk about the realities behind the picture perfect res hall room. Now grant it, my room is still not as messy as other "dorm" rooms. But, regardless of how messy or not messy a room is the principle behind the blogger's staged life is just so wrong sometimes. The blog world is often fueled by this staged life and here I am countering it with this post. Here, is a glimpse into the real life of a college student. It is not all glamorous and organized. 

So, I challenge you all to abandon the "picture perfect" life and post about the ugly truth in life… behind the blog. Chaotic it may be, sometimes it's better to be fully honest with your readers and let them know that it's okay to not be perfect. 

Also, total disclaimer… after I took this picture I was overcome with anxiety on how bad I let my room get, so I turned on some music and cleaned the whole space. But, here you have a photo of my not so "picture perfect" life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...