Radiating Sunshine: #047 Create a Thankful Tree: Hall Program

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

#047 Create a Thankful Tree: Hall Program

This pie was seriously delicious! I love to support
the local bakeries and stores around the Mount!

It can't get much better than a homemade apple pie from
handpicked apples :)
 I have always wanted to make a thankful tree! I came across the idea 3 years ago via Pinterest and it has always been on my to do list.

But, as everyone knows other things pop up and for an RA different program ideas may catch your eye and my thankful tree was put on the back burner. 

However, earlier this semester when I planned all of my hall programs for the semester I made sure to include a Thankful Program in honor of Thanksgiving and fulfilling the Residence Life's Faith/ Unity theme for November. 

So last night my residents and I gathered in my hallway, sat down and had some delicious apple pie, and talked about what we are thankful for. 
The program costed me $11 [for the pie] and I just used bulletin board paper for the tree and the leaves. 

I would say that this program was very successful. I learned so much more about my residents and it was so sweet that some of them wrote on their leaves that they were thankful for me (insert: awhhh). 

Some of the other things that they were thankful for include: good grades, The Mount, upcoming break, health, Jesus, family, education, life, love, freedom, our veterans, a roof over our heads, dogs, etc. 



It was so nice seeing what my girls were thankful for and I now have a wonderful thankful tree decorating my hall way! So, glad I can check off #047 on my 101 in 1001 list!

What are you thankful for? I'm thankful for all of you :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, i love the tree, damn must be nice to spend your moment to be thinking about the things you're thankful off. I'm thankful for every chance and support my parents are giving me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, you should make a thankful tree too! And ah that is something definitely to be thankful for. Have a great night :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. That is so much fun! What an awesome way to get your residents together! I wish my RA in college would have been as cool as you!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks!! A&M is a lot bigger than the Mount so our Residence Life department runs things differently! But, you're so sweet.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons@verizon.net

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...