Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap

Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

So, this has definitely been one of the best weekends I've had in awhile… Okay, I feel like I could write that for every weekend recap, I just love the two day break in between work and classes!

Anyways for starters I had a three day weekend, which was great. On Friday, instead of going to classes and work I found myself at the MCPA conference. MCPA- Maryland College Personnel Association held a conference for undergraduates, graduates, and professional staff. It was nice attending a little Student Affairs conference and I got the opportunity to present at it too. -- I feel like such a grown up!


Estela (^) and I presented 'Making Training Go Beyond August' which was an hour long presentation on the importance of RA training and how we as RAs can continue this. We even had geeky moments with the other RAs in the room as we talked about what our staffs do to bond! Love it!


On Saturday, I went down to DC to visit my good friend, Brandon! We met while working at TIP this past summer. If your curious on what I spent my time doing in Texas for 2 months, click here! Anyways, I met up with him in DC because he is here for an internship. It was great catching up with him and talking about TIP and all of those great memories. This past week I received in email asking me to reapply for Duke TIP and it practically killed me knowing that I won't be able to go back. 

What a stud!
And on Sunday, as if the weekend couldn't get any better… I drove an hour and a half to a family friends to surprise my family at my dad's 50th Surprise Party! My mom asked me if I could come home for it earlier this past week and I told her that I was so bogged down with work that there is no way I could make it. Anyways, I arrived a little bit after the "surprise" happened and as I walk down the stairs into the basement, my mom was standing at the bottom. She looked up and started to scream. (seriously, people she screamed over and over again-- and sounded like this) Anyways, I walk down the stairs and she gave me the biggest hug and then my dad came over and he told me he didn't think I was gonna come and he had the biggest smile on his face. It was literally one of the best surprises I've been able to pull off for my parents (I notoriously always giveaway surprises-- I can't lie to save my life). My mom cried thats how shocked she was… and my sister well she pretty much hogged me the whole night and filled me in on every detail of her life-- you would have thought I hadn't seen her in months.


I love my family so much and am beyond thankful I get to see them as often as I do. I can't imagine what next year will look like when Brooke is off at school and then the next year when I'm away at Grad School… but for now I will just soak up every amazing minute I get to spend with them!

2 comments:

  1. I love surprise parties SO much . Your week sounds busy buzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Me too! Hope all is well and thanks for the comment ;)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...