Radiating Sunshine: Thankful Thursdays

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

So, I just finished a theology exam, which did not go as well as I was hoping it would. You would think that after hours and hours of studying I wouldn't just blank on some of the questions, but you would be surprised. If you want to argue about the evidence of epistemological and metaphysical claims on miracles, find someone else because I'm not the girl for the job. 

Anyways, so after getting very little sleep, probably getting a B- on the theology exam (my version of F), and forgetting my rain coat; this rainy Thursday is not looking too promising. I am genuinely a glass is half full type of person, but as I walked to the library where I will be spending the rest of my afternoon I was feeling so pessimistic. Now, usually I don't check my blog feed when I know I have a lot to work on. But, I really needed to decompress from that exam with some blog-therapy! And I am so happy I did. I stumbled upon this lovely lady's post! Kelsey is always very inspirational, but today her Thankful Thursday was just what I needed to get myself in check and realize that all of my above complaints shouldn't ruin this day. 

So, I'm thankful for Thursdays. Even though Thursdays are my worst days by far, when it comes to my schedule and workload...

But, what else am I thankful for? 

  • I'm thankful for this cup of coffee.
  • I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to school and study epistemology and metaphysical claims on miracles… there are so many people who don't even get an opportunity to finish grade school and here I am working on a bachelor's degree at a wonderful university. 
  • I'm thankful for my mentorship later today, which is the only real redeeming quality of my Thursdays apart from my staff meeting. 
  • I'm thankful for my sister; who doesn't know how beautiful of a person she is inside and out. Can't wait to see you in three weeks! 
  • I'm thankful for knowing that the sun will come out tomorrow 
  • I'm thankful for all the people in my life who are constantly challenging me to be a better person
I'm so thankful for having so much in my life to be thankful for… and for being able to recognize and appreciate what I do have in life, even on this rainy Thursday. It is probably one of the best ways to change a crabby mood and keep your thoughts in check. So, thanks Kelsey for inspiring me and potentially changing my attitude towards today. 

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...