Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 1/18/16

Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Recap 1/18/16

Writing my first weekend recap of the New Year! It felt so strange to type 16 instead of 15! But, that's how it always feels when you begin a new year! This past weekend was really lovely. On Friday night I went to a barbecue restaurant with some of my RD friends and then worked off that delicious pulled pork sandwich at the gym! Then, J came up and we watched a movie and made milkshakes. They weren't really milkshakes... rather glorified chocolate milk! But, still delicious! 

On Saturday, J went to the farm show and I decided to have a lazy craft day! I painted three pieces for my apartment. The first was 'For where two of three gather in my name I am with them'! I've been wanting to make this piece for sometime and when J surprised me with a beautiful piece of wood to paint on I couldn't resist. 

 The second to mini canvas were inspired by Pinterest! The first is 'start each day with a grateful heart' and has found it's home on my night stand! I love the pink and gold colors together. The last piece I created was 'spirit lead me where my trust is without borders' to honor my favorite Hillsong song!
I enjoyed my paint day, even though I have really old brushes! For my next paint projects I will definitely have to get new brushes! I kid you not y'all I was washing my brushes and looked down and the tip fell off and went right down the drain.

After my painting ventures were over. I got busy cleaning and cooking. I cleaned the whole apartment (minus the bathtub -- I've got to tackle that today)! I even made four more salads in a jar and tried a new pizza crust recipe!
When J got home from the Farm Show he showed me all of the cool goodies he got! I hope I can go to the farm show with him next year *remind me not to take duty* :) On Sunday (today), we spent the day watching football and relaxing. I was totally cheering for Carolina to win and who knows what will happen with the Steelers vs. Broncos game! Obviously, I have to cheer for the Steelers because of J but, I really don't know who I think will win. J and I keep joking that we should start a youtube channel called 'When Your Girlfriend Watches Football' because apparently he loves it when I give my two sense on the games. So, stay tuned we may have a little project to start working on!

Happy Monday and Martin Luther King Day! May you all remember the importance to treat each other not just equally, but also justly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...