Radiating Sunshine: I Guess I'm an Adult

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I Guess I'm an Adult

Over the course of the last month, I don't think I have ever felt more like an adult. For starters, while writing this post I remembered that I need to pay my credit card bill. If that doesn't scream adulthood, I don't know what will. Now, I really should just set up the automatic payment thing. But, call me old fashioned when I actually want to review my bill and see exactly how much money I have spent eating out recently... which, needs to come to to an end! Anyways, adulthood has hit me hard this holiday season. 

For starters, I have officially gotten into rebating and couponing. Over break, I couponed like crazy and then discovered I could earn money by using an app called Ibotta. My friend showed me this app a few months back, but I had never had time to use it until this break. So, hello $5 from going grocery shopping for my mom! 

I also had a full adult Christmas, which I really cannot complain about! This Christmas I got a beautiful KitchenAid mixer, a blender, and a Real Simple ornament holder. I also got some foam soaps for my powder bathroom and a suitcase! There was something about these holiday presents that really showed me that adulthood is here. Perhaps years ago I might have been disappointed in such an appliance heavy Christmas, but half a year on my own has brought out my inner adult and I couldn't be more grateful for these appliances. Now, I can make all the cookies and milkshakes my heart can desire. Just kidding... add margaritas and bread to the list too! 

When I was a little girl, I always grew up pretending to be an adult. I was the mom to many baby dolls. My sister and I played office and pretended to be our own mom selling IT materials. For years, I kept saying life will be better when I have graduated or done this. Well, sticking with my New Year's Resolution to be more present, life is great now!

I recognize that I am definitely not a full adult. I still depend on my parents for a lot of things and will forever be in their debt for everything that they have provided for me. I still have a lot of things to learn as I continue on this journey into adulthood and I still will probably always call my mom about household related questions. She is my best friend and I love how she raised me to be an independent and capable young woman. Anyways, thanks for reading! I've got to go use my ornament holder and take down my Christmas tree :( Better late then never (or leave it up all year long)!

xoxo,
Alex

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I totally understand. I would die to have a kitchen aid mixer! The things we lust after as adults!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just used it to make banana muffins! The greatest gift ever :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...