Radiating Sunshine: Staying Organized & Mesothelioma Awareness

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Staying Organized & Mesothelioma Awareness


Everyone always says that staying organized is one of the keys to success. I've always been the type of person who likes to have my life planned out. I like knowing what I have going on the upcoming week and to know where I need to be when. Maybe that is why I currently have three calendars, anyways I decided to do something crazy y'all and condense all three of my calendars into one. One of my blog friends, Jane at Poppiness just put the cutest calendar template up and it was either print this one out and have four calendars, condense all of my calendars, or not print it out--- obviously, I went with the most-sane option so all of my calendars are now condensed into a single calendar that lives in my accordion folder. And boy does it feel nice! I've only had the calendar for a few days now and I already feel more relaxed. I'm slowly filling in all of the dates with things that are going on and I can't help but, get excited every time I write in it! 

How do you like to keep your weeks organized? Do you have a favorite calendar?

------------------------------------------------------------
Now, before I let you all go I wanted to raise some awareness of an issue that I think is worth noting. This week is Asbestos Awareness Week and a wonderful and inspiring woman named Heather reached out to me and asked me to spread the news. About eight year ago, Heather was diagnosed with mesothelioma--- a rare and deadly cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. She has just given birth to her daughter, Lily and was told she only had 15 months to live… something that no one; especially not a new mother should ever have to hear. After a ton of visits to the doctors, a life-saving surgery which, included the removal of her left lung, Heather began the road to recovery. She has made it her life's mission to spread awareness about what asbestos can do to a person's body and to their life. Heather is the image of perseverance and continues to actively work towards banning asbestos in the United States. Asbestos can be found in homes, schools, and office buildings which, means it can truly effect anyone. 

If you have a free moment, please check out Heather's website, Dying to be Heard and learn more about her personal story, mesothelioma, and what you can do to help out with this cause. Every year 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma… let's raise some awareness and get that number to start dropping. 

3 comments:

  1. I like this post! And I love your blog! Followed you here. I hope you'd check my blog too and follow-back. :)

    xx
    http://www.thesenestedthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Katherine! I'll go check out your blog now :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Alex! That means a lot. :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...