Radiating Sunshine: Spring Has Sprung

Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

For all of you East coasters or maybe really anywhere in the US; you know that Winter just wouldn't leave us this year. There was snow on the ground for my birthday and that was at the end of March!! Everyone was getting frustrated with the weather and if snow was forecasted instant dread dispersed amongst all of my friends and family. Poor J who plays baseball, couldn't get outside to practice with his team until last week-- totally ridiculous.

I'm not the biggest fan of Spring, only because I have terrible allergies… I'll be red eyed and sniffling for a whole month which, for those of you who have allergies know how miserable that is! But, for now I'm just enjoying the warmth, driving with my windows down, and watching flowers blossom.

Yesterday, was definitely the first day it felt like Spring. It was in the mid 60s which, basically felt like Summer after the longest Winter. The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze. It was the perfect day to go driving, to have an early dinner, and to play tennis with my best friend!


So, you'll probably agree with me when I say this but, driving with the windows down and jamming to some happy music is one of the best simple pleasures that life has to offer. Spotify has mood playlists which, is the best because all you have to do is click on your mood and Spotify will do the rest. I'll let you guess which one we clicked on… that's right, happy. We were singing along to songs about sunshine and friendship… and just loving life.


Yesterday was also the perfect day for an early dinner at Olive Garden! Olive Garden has this special, where for $12.99 you can order two pasta dishes; one to eat there and one to take home. You also get their unlimited salad and breadsticks so, as the little frugal college students that we are we filled up on the salad and breadsticks. Took three bites of our pasta got the dinners boxed up. Now we have two full meals that will last us all weekend. I also decided to order a drink and decided to get a watermelon margarita. And man, did drinking that make me wish I was outside by a pool somewhere tropical. I also felt like a grown up ordering a drink at a restaurant… maybe I still view myself as a little kid but, it was a weird feeling presenting my ID like it was no big deal. As I wrote on Monday, 21 isn't a big deal to me but, I still can't get over how old I feel when I look down in my wallet and see that horizontal license. 


One thing I love about driving on the highway during Spring time is seeing the beautiful daffodils blooming on the side of the road. I always think of roads, particularly highways as places that get abused when it comes to littering. I've seen people chuck things out their windows so often, and every time it kills me. But by God's grace, flowers bloom and provide a yellow sea of beauty for everyone who is stuck in traffic to marvel over. Against all odds and the pollution that covers the side of highways, these little guys still find a way to greet the world.


While I was on my way to play tennis with Alex I saw these little guys just starting to bloom! I'm not sure what type a tree/bush/flower they are but, man are they gorgeous. So, if you know what it is comment below because I want to plant these in my yard when I'm older.


And after a great day, I'm so glad I ended it with a little exercise on a cool Spring evening! We played until it was literally too dark to see the tennis ball… or I just became terrible at hitting the ball. I'll go with it being too dark to see, because if it's the latter I must be down right awful at playing tennis.

How are you welcoming and seeing Spring in your life?
Happy Friday :)

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited for spring!! It was in the mid 50s here yesterday, and that was AMAZING!!! And don't worry, that whole "frugal college student" mentality doesn't end with college... Mike and I always go for that 2 for $12.99 deal and we do the exact same thing!!! I looooove Olive Garden!! Enjoy the wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Meg! I think I'm okay if I remain frugal for forever. But, you really can't beat the Olive Garden deal like that! Hope you had an amazing weekend :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...