Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 4/22/14

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weekend Recap 4/22/14

So, I have a special weekend recap for y'all today! Not only was it Easter this past weekend but, I also spent the whole weekend at home. Here is how I spent my weekend: 


I checked off number 73 on my 101 in 1001 list by making a two tier cake this weekend! I knew I was gonna make a carrot cake so, I decided to test out my baking skills by making layered cake.


Friday: I met up with an old friend from High School for sushi! I hadn't seen her since Fall semester so it was beyond nice to share a delicious meal and catch up.

Saturday: I went to visit my grandma and ran errands. But, Saturday afternoon I hung out with my dad and helped him work... and by helping him work I mean I sat and read Allegiant. I did keep him company though so I would like to think that is being pretty helpful?


Saturday night, I went out with my parents to a dinner event that one of their mutual friends was hosting. It was seriously one of the best nights of break because I got to spend time with my parents, eat delicious food, and hang out with a bunch of family friends!


Oh and the open bar was nice too! I think I have my go-to drink established now and I'm proud to say that it is a Malibu Bay Breeze. It tastes like a vacation and I love it.


Sunday: I woke up bright and early and went to church! To me, there is no better way to a week than in the presence of God. I'm beyond thankful for him and how he continues to bless me all the time. I love the Easter season

Then, I met up with my family and we had a really nice brunch. I had a fancy omelet, which had crab meat, asparagus, and swiss cheese in it. I think it has a clever name but, I can't remember what it is called at the moment.

When we all got back we decided to attempt some family photos out on the lawn. I don't know how to work the self-timer option on my camera so we had to settle for some iPhone WaveCam pictures. They came out pretty grainy so I did my best to edit them!

My beyond beautiful sister!
It was seriously the perfect day out! God continues to bless me in so many ways. 

Sunday night was relaxing! After a nice afternoon nap, I woke up and finished Allegiant; the third and final book in the Divergent series. For those of you who have read Allegiant, y'all know how I was probably feeling Sunday afternoon... but, for those of you who haven't well I'm not gonna spoil it for you here. To add some humor to those of you who have read it, click here #8.

However, when my post-series depression started to set in, I decided that I needed to boost up my serotonin levels and go for a run. Thankfully, I had my favorite pup to keep me company. I swear just the presence of her boosts my mood sometimes!
Juneau was beyond excited to go to the park! She even decorated my back windows with her tongue. 
And of course, Sunday was made complete by a long phone call from J... We hadn't talked much while he was away with his family so it was nice hearing about his trip. He even let me go on a Allegiant tangent for awhile, which I am beyond thankful for. I just really needed to debrief after reading that series and of course I could count on him to listen patiently to my ramblings.

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks super delicious! Way to go! Glad your weekend was so fun!
    Xo,
    Kirstie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirstie! It turned out so well :)

      Delete
  2. Aww Juneau is SO CUTE!!! What a great weekend with your family - and your family is beautiful, btw! Great job checking another thing off your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh Meg thank you so much! Juneau is adorable, I love her!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...