Radiating Sunshine: Check off 009-- Ran a 5k!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Check off 009-- Ran a 5k!

                                   

This past weekend I completed another 101 in 1001! So, check off 009 because on Saturday I ran a 5k. I have only ran one before so it was awesome completing my second one. I'm also planning to do another one in a few weekends from now to raise money for cancer research. 

But, this past one that I ran was great... I did okay on time and I made a friend! The race was to raise money for women who are victims of human trafficking in Thailand. A couple from my church lived in Thailand for this past year and they met a lot of young woman who have escaped human trafficking but have no money to travel back to their homes. So, all the money we raised is going directly to helping these women get back to their families!

Can't wait for the more 5Ks to come and glad I got to help out a good cause!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have never run a race but have always wanted to!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea!! You and Parker should, take Jenny too!!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine
      alexmhons.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...