Radiating Sunshine: I Want to Be Happy

Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Want to Be Happy

So, I am sure this is not a surprise to you all... but Radiating Sunshine was inspired by my goal to live a happy lifestyle... or in other words "radiate sunshine" through smiling and being positive. Well, since I started became a Residence Director and started graduate school I have noticed a strange feeling lingering over me... I can't really identify what feeling it is per say, however it mostly revolves around exhaustion combined with un-satisfaction and constant worrying. I have been noticing that I live more for tomorrow then I actually live for today. I go to bed every night thinking about my to do list and the pleasure I used to get from crossing an item off has gone away because I add five more things to my list. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my life as an RD. I feel fulfilled by my every day assignments and I love being able to build a community and host programs. However, living for the future is not how I want to spend my every day. So, a few weeks ago I began researching happiness and what it truly means to live a happy lifestyle. I have 4 books what I want to read before I establish my happiness goals for 2016. {They are pictured below.} Now, I don't plan on making any radical changes...But, I do hope that through reading about happiness and identifying what areas in my life I can add more happiness to I'll stop living for tomorrow and be happy with today!

Now, I don't know if my little experiment will work or if I'll even get through four books by the time January rolls around! But, I have high hopes for myself. I'm excited to see how this happy path will unfold and hopefully in a few weeks time I will be able to share with you all what I have learned. I shared my basic knowledge on The SA Collective in my recent guest post that I published last week, check that out here! Hang with me as I learn more about living a happier lifestyle and share all of the happy things I learn along the way. Also, if you have any advice for me as I begin this journey feel free to hit up radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com with your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...