Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 2/2/15

Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Recap 2/2/15

I'm starting to realize that every weekend I spend with Josh, family, or friends is a fabulous weekend! This weekend was definitely a cold one. As I write this post, it is 28 degrees outside and snowing, but I'm snuggled on the couch with Mandy (Josh's dog) to my left and Josh's warm body to my right. Anyways, here is how we spent this past weekend. 

On Thursday, we were hoping to go ice-skating but due to inclement weather ice skating was canceled! We were both really sad, but then we remembered that we were going tubing on Friday night so, that made up for it. 

Friday: 
After a nice day of classes and work, Josh and I had dinner and then went tubing. It was a great time! We live only a few minutes from a ski resort and I still can't believe it took us this long to go tubing. We couldn't have asked for a colder night--- seriously! I think there was a 0 degree wind chill. Not to mention they were blowing snow right on the tubing hill. 


We were little ice cubes by the time we finished but, it was nothing some hot chocolate and some positive thoughts couldn't fix. Josh instantly improved my mood even when I'm complaining that I can't feel my toes (which, I couldn't). Also, don't take your socks off immediately when you come inside unless you want your feet to sting extremely badly.
Saturday: 
After a lazy morning in bed and reading a lovely letter from Josh, I finally got up and began my weekly clean. This week I vacuumed everything, mopped the floors, did two loads of laundry, changed the sheets on my bed, cleaned my dressers, and dusted.  I was due for a good cleaning day.

After I spent the morning/afternoon cleaning away... I met up with Josh's cousin Adam and his girlfriend. Josh was at baseball practice so, we just passed the time in my residence hall room. After Josh was done practice, we headed to church, and then went to a local restaurant called Otts for dinner.

Later that night, Josh dropped me off and I had rounds. I really struggled staying awake, but thankfully I had a great rounds partner and we had a blast.

Sunday: 
Was another cozy day that was full of good company, yummy food, and time spent on the couch. When I was planning my outfit for the day, I knew that a few things definitely need to happen: a chunky and warm sweater, leggings, and cozy socks.

I watched the Superbowl at Josh's house and I cooked all of the food which was really fun. Josh was my little chef and helped me cut the chicken for the chicken and corn enchiladas but, I really just experimented in the kitchen. I made homemade queso, pigs in a blanket, and enchiladas. I'm proud to say that there were no leftovers. The food was delicious and we ended the night with sopapilla, an italian crescent roll dessert.

Before I began my cooking escapade, Josh and I went on a walk and we remembered where we were last year at this time. On February 1st, he picked me up to go to one of our school's home basketball games. We went as friends, but little did I know that we would talk the entire time and he would soon as me out on a date.


It is still amazing to think that we've been great friends for a year. I had no idea what to expect when he drove up to my building to pick me up. I remember I was strangely nervous to go with him. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't know what we would talk about. But, some things just clicked and here we are a year later and I couldn't be any happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...