Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 2/9/15

Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Recap 2/9/15

Happy Monday, friends!! It's currently raining and a little overcast but, I have a great feeling about today. This past weekend was an absolute blast. I'm even more excited for this weekend because instead of having a jam packed weekend, I really have made no plans and I intend for it to stay like that. I'm due for just a realizing weekend which, hopefully includes lots of relaxing. 

Friday: 
I went to lunch with two of my RA friends, Matt and Noelle. We went to Holy Grounds, which is this little Catholic coffee shop near our school. It has delicious paninis, breakfast foods, pastries, coffee, and italian sodas! I only go there every once in awhile, but I think I'm going start going there more regularly for lunch and quiet blog time. 

On Friday evening, Josh and I ordered a pizza to celebrate being done with this week and his first RA Mentorship Class. It was nice just sitting in my room and eating some comfort food after a really busy week. Later that night, I had my last weekend rounds ever!! It kind of feels bittersweet but, I'm glad I scheduled myself for the first few weekends back from Winter Break so, that I could get my weekend duty out of the way. It was a great last rounds. I had a spontaneous movie night with one of my residents and I got done so much work! It was probably one of my most productive nights on rounds. 


Saturday: 
After a sleepy start because I was on rounds the night before... I woke up to a knock on my door from my favorite guy! We then drove to Frederick and picked up Dunkin Donuts on the way. I chose the donuts and clearly I'm a little biased towards strawberry... but, it is seriously one of their best frosting flavors and I am not ashamed. Also, the little heart guy is filled with cream, which was a pleasant surprise.
After arriving in Frederick, I dropped Josh off at his work and then continued the trip home. It was nice that I had to run home for a couple of things. I also squeezed in some bubble bath and Parks and Recreation time. After relaxing and getting some chores done at home, I drove back to Frederick picked Josh up and we went to Bonefish for lunch.
 We had a really late lunch because our date night plans were not going to allow us to eat dinner, so we filled up on bang bang shrimp and yummy sandwiches. After lunch all I wanted to do was nap, but 4:30pm came before we knew it and we rushed off to church. It's going to be a miracle if we ever make it to church on time.
I told him he wasn't in the picture.... haha but, he is so cute!!
 After church, we walked back to my room to get ready for our date night and there was the prettiest sunset. I mean really just without a doubt one of the most beautiful sunsets of the year. Of course, I joined hundreds of other instagramers and documented the prettiest sunset yet!

So, the reason why we couldn't eat dinner before our date was because our date was at SKY ZONE! Sky Zone is a giant trampoline park and it is probably the biggest workout that I have had in awhile. I'm still sore and it's Monday! Not only are my legs sore, but my arms are really sore which, is kind of surprising since you primarily use the muscles in your legs to jump.

Anyways, on Sunday Josh and I went to his sister's Talent Show and I had rounds again but, it was just a really nice Sunday. As I said earlier, I'm really excited to do a whole lot of nothing this weekend and I can't wait to see what this upcoming week holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...