Radiating Sunshine: Putting the C in Cohesive

Friday, February 20, 2015

Putting the C in Cohesive

Recently, I have been thinking about how much I love Residence Life! I'm truly a res lifer in the most basic form. I love ice breakers, team builders, and student development theories. Now that my senior year is drawing to a close, I have been really reflective on my time as an RA. Whether it has been bulletin boards, cutting door decs, hosting hall programs, or laughing until I cry in my staff meetings, I have really just enjoyed my time as an RA. 

What has made my experience so amazing is the people I have gotten to work with. There have been so many incredible RAs who have really touched my life. Some of them include my mentors like Estela, Kayla, or Olivia! Others are my RA friends now like Matt, James, or Ashley. I have loved being a part of a great staff. This year as an RCL, one of my goals was to unite the whole RA staff. One of my fellow RCLs chose the theme "Closing Time" and at the end of one of our infomercials all of the RAs got on stage and linked arms and sang "Closing Time."  


I love staff bonding. Some bonding activities I have done with my fellow RAs include: hiking, cookie baking, workout videos, meditations, every Staff Meeting we have ever had, and spontaneous movie nights.
Can't remember what this is called!
I love Residence Life. I literally have had the best experience and I really hope I can continue working in Residence Life post-graduation. I mean what's not to love? You get to bond all day with wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...