Radiating Sunshine: Twenty Four Hours

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Twenty Four Hours

Yesterday was one long, but great day! Back in February 2009 I was diagnosed with epilepsy and I have been seizure free for awhile so my neurologist thought it would be good to reevaluate the situation. So, this morning I had a sleep deprived EEG scheduled at 9am to see if I was still having an seizure discharges. There is a hope that with a clean EEG scan, then I can potentially get off my seizure medicine! 

So, yesterday around 8:30am began my 24 hours of being awake for the test. 


I woke up to the cutest pup in the Honsberger household... Miss. Juneau! I love June so much and her early morning cuddle sessions. 


I went to breakfast with my grandma, which was great! We are very close and I love meeting up with her and hearing about her life. She has taught me so much and I'm so thankful for the time I get to spend with her. Love you, Grandma Bee!!


Also, after two plus months I met up with my close friend, Molly for sushi! It has been far too long for the both of us and our sushi addictions. 


Finally my saving grace, Alex came to my rescue to keep me up all night! We went shoe shopping and then picked up some necessary coffees/ caffeine fixes! 


This was taken at 2am when as we worked on Minion door decorations for this upcoming month and jammed to our Christian spotify playlists. We also watched several movies and looked through a ton of old photographs. 

Alex, thank you so much for staying up with me! You are a great friend and I seriously couldn't have done it without you. 


After the EEG, I rested up and hung out with Hannah and Alex. We made a great lunch and just talked. Then, I squeezed in a tiny nap and met up with a friend for dinner in Olney. 

It was one long day but I feel so accomplished. Even though I'm falling asleep as I write this post I can't help but feel so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life who made staying up for 24 hours possible. I didn't even feel tired until after the test, which was really interesting. I guess all of those late nights working at TAMU had paid off for my functioning level on little sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. You're a trooper for making it through the 24 hours! My mom also has epilepsy, but medication has kept her seizure free for about 15 years now. I hope the EEG comes back clean!!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chelsea! That is so great for your mom! I'm definitely hoping it comes back clean, should find out sometime next week :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...