Radiating Sunshine: Packing for College

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Packing for College

 And so it begins... my junior year of college and all the dorm & college posts.


I'm excited for my third year of college, but for some odd reason I just can't bring myself to pack and I leave TOMORROW!

So, I'm going to attempt to follow my own advice and kick myself for waiting so long to actually get stuff done...

This is how I currently am feeling while packing for college... except you can add an additional 10 hours to my packing effort and all I have to show is a few things shoved into some boxes. Its actually kind of depressing how little I have actually gotten done because I didn't unpack much when I moved home in May because I was leaving for Texas for the whole summer. 

But, onto advice for packing for college:1) Start packing in advance... it can't hurt to start collecting little things and putting them in boxes. 2) Pack similar things in one box. It may take some organization on your part but its a lot easier to just keep things in the same box and store them under your bed than having to reorganize when you move into your dorm room. 3) Only pack what you'll actually use. If you need a list check out this post I wrote last year, here.   4) Check out your dorm room ahead of time... whether its looking at your school website or asking an upperclassman but find out what type of storage options you may need. 5) Don't stress. Moving into college can be a really busy and stressful time for you and your family. So, take a deep breathe and make a list of everything you need to get done. This will help you feel in control of this crazy time in your life. 
Now, I must follow my own advice and stop writing this post and actually finish packing! Good luck on your upcoming semester and if you have any other advice that I should add to this post, leave a comment below!  

1 comment:

  1. Useful tips . I can't even think to go back to studies right now , though I have only a week to get supplies , good luck to me and you ;)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...