Radiating Sunshine: Junior Year's Dorm Room

Monday, August 5, 2013

Junior Year's Dorm Room

Its that time of year again. Junior year and RA training are about to start back up and with that comes a new dorm room to decorate. I'm still living in the same building, but I'm just a few floors down. 

My new space is tiny and unique... but I have grown to love it over these past three nights... 


Yes, that is a window on the ground on the far wall... but don't worry this space gets even 
more awkward with my little fridge nook (below). 


The finished product (as of now) I am always updating my room as the year goes on.








I moved the fridge out and made this little nook my laundry
station! My dad was joking with me that its my tiny bathroom. 


The window is behind these drawers and shelves. Kind of disapointed 
that I won't have much/ any natural light but it could be worse!  


Oooo, ahhhh... My desk! I have so much empty space on it and I'm so excited to 
work here. Not to mention, I love looking up on my wall and seeing
all the people I love including my Duke TIP staff. 


My dressers. The Frank Sinatra record was a gift from my grandparents (yes, 
they actually used the record inside) and the flower photographs above 
the TV were from a thrift store. 




I love my new dorm room! I really tried to make it my own and as homey as possible! Since, 
its such a tiny space I really wanted to make it cozy and inviting. Not to mention this is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a raised bed while away at school. Its nice being able to just sit down in bed, instead of having to climb into bed. 

If you have any suggestions on how to improve my space or college residence hall rooms 
in general, please comment below! Stay wonderful, readers :)


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely little space! Have you tried pinterest? You'll become a Martha Stewart!
    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Areeba!! I have checked out Pinterest... have a whole board dedicated to it! And ahhh I lover her line of organizational stuff.

      Delete
  2. Your dorm is so cute!!!! I am loving everything! I can't wait to read more so I can get some ideas for my first apartment! Love your blog, pretty lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelby! So glad we connected! Stay tuned I usually do a lot with the dorm decorating theme ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Anrenee! Miss you :)

      Delete
  4. I think this looks great Alex!! You did a great job making it yours and creating space, which I know can be very challenging in that room :) I hope you have a wonderful year!! I know you are set of success!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...