Radiating Sunshine: Confessional Friday

Friday, April 8, 2016

Confessional Friday

What a week, what a week! Super excited that its Friday and the weekend is practically here. But, just like every Friday before the weekend can get here, I have to give y'all my confessions! 

I confess... in my one on one with my supervisor this week I told her that I need to stop being needed. I swear every aspect of my life has been absolutely crazy recently. Here is just a small list of all of the areas of my life that are calling for my attention: My car's check engine light came on this week, my car needs me. My RAs are planning a huge program, my RAs need me. My sink has been piling up with dishes, my sink needs me. My laundry is over flowing, my laundry needs me. My DAs need to schedule their next set of shifts, my DAs need me. My card scanner on my building is acting up, my scanner needs me. My classes have SO MUCH work, grad work needs me. You get the point... Not a fan! I'm in a helping profession, so it is not very uncommon for me to offer a helping hand whenever it is needed. But, it is also not very common for me to get burnt out and be totally desperate. 

I confess... Aaron and I picked out the cutest tonsil and birthday care package for our friend and buddy, Alex! A-Team is definitely the best buddy group out there and our birthday baskets are just short of being famous. Also, shopping for this care package might have been the best part of my week. Aaron got the full experience of me in a Target. Now, he has some insight into why J never goes to Target with me ;)
I confess... A few weeks back I ordered an adorable etsy mug for my supervisor for AD Appreciation Day. On Tuesday, when I was in my "EVERYONE NEEDS ME AH" phase this mug was definitely on that list. I mean two and a half weeks, come on! But, patience is a virtue and this cute little package was waiting for me when I got into the office on Thursday morning. 
I confess... J's snaps continue to be the best! I loved this beautiful snap of my alma mater and a gorgeous rainbow. I definitely think that Mount rainstorms are the best rainstorms and I have never seen more rainbows than I did when I went to college there.
I confess... tomorrow is Relay for Life at Ship and I'm so excited. I've done Relay for 3 years in a row and this year will definitely be special since I'm at a new institution. I'm also really excited to be running my own table for St. Baldrick's, a fundraiser I'm planning for the end of April! We are going to serve mint milkshakes and it will be amazing. So, I'm really excited to walk off all the milkshakes I taste test ;)
So, there you have it! I hope you all have a beautiful day and I'm really looking forward to seeing you all next week! Also, on a side note: If you want to hear the cutest song ever YouTube: Oh Honey! Take All the Time You Need -- it is seriously the most chipper love song ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...