Radiating Sunshine: Confessional Friday

Friday, April 29, 2016

Confessional Friday

Woohoo!! It's finally Friday and a special one at that because I am taking the day to see Josh and visit our undergrad! This Friday is also the last Friday of classes, which means I have exactly one week left until I close my building, my residents leave, and Summer begins. Although Summer still comes with work, two grad classes, and an internship there is something really nice about knowing I have finished a whole year as an RD. So, just like every (or almost every) other Friday here are my five confessions to end the last week of classes with:

I confess... brie and croissants are literally the best dynamic food duo (if you aren't lactose intolerant).  Almost every RD social and get together has brie involved and I am never mad about it. How do I make my brie and croissant appetizer? I wrap the roll of brie in the croissant dough and bake it at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes (or until the croissant dough is golden). Serve with wine if you'd like :)
I confess... last week my RAs teamed up with our apartment complex staff (Chris and Evan) and hosted a Condom Carnival. We had over 150 students come out to the carnival and had a lot of different and some questionable stations as well. Overall I'm really proud of all of the work they have done on the event this year.
I confess... rolling coins stinks, but if you have a good attitude about it rolling coins isn't really that bad! Last week I had to roll coins from the donations at Shave this Ship, a fundraiser my students did for the St. Baldrick's Foundation. So, long story short I arrived at the bank and they didn't have a coin counter and boom I sat my butt down and rolled $93 worth of coins. Now, you could argue that I could have gone to coinstar... but, this was way more humbling!
I confess... I just finished the sequel to Me Before You, After You and am totally at a loss! I loved those books and Louisa Clark so much and I am bummed it is over. I really can't wait to see the movie and am totally looking for my next book... so, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!
I confess... in less then two weeks I will be moving all over again and am at the stage where I am really ready to pack up... but, I'm struggling to find the motivation. I have moved so many times in the last year and am really not in the mood to do it all over again! Oh well, I can't wait to show off my new place in a few weeks :)
I confess... balloons, sunshine, dresses, and smiles are literally the best medicine. On Sunday, I was feeling really down in the dumps about work... but, nothing some cognitive re-framing couldn't fix. Seriously though a lot of people ask me why I'm "so positive" all the time and I think its because I can really reframe how I'm feeling and put a smile on my face!

Anyways, that's all I have for you today! Have a beautiful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...