Radiating Sunshine: Healthy Living

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Healthy Living

Now that I'm living on my own, I have had this huge mission to get healthy. As much as I loved Senior Year, I feel like my health and my body took a hit. I went out a lot with friends and ate a lot of junk food. Between the stress of planning my future and graduating with honors, I barely had time to worry about how much caffeine I was consuming or whether I had at least 25 minutes of cardio a day. Needless to say, I got sluggish and gained a few pounds. 
So, now that I feed myself and have my evenings free I have been  going on runs and to the gym. I have been eating lots of healthy snacks with the right serving sizes. One healthy tip I have learned from reading other blogs is to portion size ahead of time (even with healthy food). Every night before I go to bed and after I prep my coffee pot, I pack my healthy snacks in plastic bags, so they are ready to go in the morning.
I have been primarily buying my produce at our local Weis grocery store! I picked up a membership there last week and have successfully earned 10 gas points (very proud of myself). I feel like there is this by stigma around eating healthy and how much it costs, but I have been working hard to bargain shop. So, although carrots cost maybe $3.00 more than the Lays Potato Chips it's a switch I'm willing to make!

Being the goal setter that I am, I have some personal goals that I have been working to hold myself accountable to: (1) eat more veggies (2) walk everywhere on campus (3) don't eat after 9:00PM and (4) reward myself with some chocolate milk after a solid work out... hahaha the psychology major in me needs to set up a positive reinforcement system. It's hard sitting in an office all day, but for every hour I sit on my butt I hope I can spend at least 10 minutes walking around and enjoying Summer!


What healthy habits do you have when you live on your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...