Radiating Sunshine: Sweet Summer Living

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sweet Summer Living

So, whenever I tell someone I am working at a college in a rural location, everyone's first response is "oh that must be really boring." I then automatically begin telling them about how I'm actually really busy and I haven't felt bored once. Now I know country living isn't for everyone, but I have really been enjoying it! For example two weeks ago, I went strawberry picking for the first time! 
 I can only ever remember going blue berry picking one summer in Maine, so when I saw that there were farms that permitted strawberry picking I was all over it! A couple RDs and I went and we picked seriously some of the best strawberries I have had in awhile. They were so tasty and flavorful. Plus, they were only $1.95 per pound! Yeah... I checked out the local prices at the grocery store and a pint of strawberries are priced at $3.50.
Berry picking was a lot of fun and I enjoyed knowing that the fruit I will be eating is not pumped full of steroid and preservatives. You genuinely can't get any fresher than an Amish farm, amirite?
Also, fresh handpicked strawberries make for excellent gifts!! So, I would highly recommend you drive to your neighborhood strawberry patch and do some pickin'. Happy Wednesday, friends :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip!! I loooove fresh strawberries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...