Radiating Sunshine: A Great Way to Start Off the New Year

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Great Way to Start Off the New Year

I don't know about you, but my 2015 started with a bang of excitement and new places. Like seriously every part of so far has been amazing. On New Year's Eve, Josh and I went out with my parents to their friend's house. After ringing in the New Year we held our annual New Year's Day party and watched bowl games.
Earlier last week I got the idea that we should go to the Ravens vs. Steelers game in Pittsburgh! I have never been to Pittsburgh and it is Josh's favorite city, so after the Steelers won against the Bengals we started to make arrangements to go to the game.
So, Friday night we left for the city! I'm so thankful that Josh has family up there so we got to stay at their houses. Anyways, we got to the city around 5pm and Josh, his brother, and I explored the city. It was really nice having him show me landmarks and his favorite spots. The city itself is absolutely beautiful. Like seriously the bridges and the buildings were remarkable. We're hoping to go up during the summer time to see the pretty fountains.
We got in the stadium really early so we could get the free terrible towels! For dinner we got Primanti Bros cheesesteaks. If you're ever in the city I would definitely recommend going to there for lunch or dinner. It was probably one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.
So, we were probably the luckiest fans ever. All week they were forecasting rain for the game. We packed our ponchos (I went incognito so that way I didn't get harassed for being a ravens fan) and we were ready for the storm. But, it never rained and it actually started to warm up as the night went on. I couldn't have asked for better weather and I'm seriously so blessed that we stayed dry and warm the entire game.
I absolutely love this poor quality picture with my favorite guy!
Unfortunately for Josh and fortunately for me, the Ravens won! I couldn't really celebrate while at the stadium because I was surrounded by a bunch of Steelers fans. Josh was a good sport and the other fans were really nice. We had a blast road tripping up to Pittsburgh. We listened to good music and sang our favorite songs. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't really know much about football, but looks like you guys had fun! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirstie, I don't know much either, but I'm definitely learning! Thanks and you too!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...