Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 1/26/15

Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Recap 1/26/15

Another fabulous weekend has come and gone. But, this one was extra special because it was my college's homecoming weekend! Homecoming is such a fun time of year. Since my university doesn't have a football team, our homecoming is in January and we cheer on our basketball teams! So, what did this weekend look like:

Friday: 
After a busy day at work, Josh picked me up from the office with the greatest news! HE IS GOING TO BE AN RA!! A few weeks ago, I said jokingly that he would make such a good RA. Well, my words really meant something to him because he applied, went through interview weekends, and was given a position! I'm so proud of him and I was jumping with joy when he told me. He is such a hard worker and is so caring. He got stationed on a floor with all Freshmen boys and I know he will do wonderful things. 

Saturday: 
I was on rounds Friday night, so after sleeping in a bit I woke up and got ready for my building's face painting program. I don't have a lot of experience face painting, but the residents really trusted me to create something fantastic. I mostly just painted MSM and blue stripes. One kid even let me do a mustache!! 

Josh came to the program and after it ended we left with some of the residents for the game. We sat in the student section and cheered on the Mount. I have never sat stood in the student section before so, it was a really great experience. 

I loved seeing so many familiar faces and we really got wild! Both the men's and women's teams won their games so, it was just a fabulous weekend all around. We only stayed for the guy's game and as soon as it ended we boogied on out in the hopes of making it to church by 4:30pm!

After church we ate pizza with his parents and then played ping pong for awhile. Later that night, we met up with a bunch of my friends and played cards. It was so nice getting to spend quality time with family and friends in one night.

Alex and I at the Homecoming Game!
Sunday: 
After sleeping in, Josh and I headed down to Frederick to meet my parents for lunch. I haven't seen my mom in awhile and it was really nice catching up with them. We ended up staying there for 2 and a half hours and I never even ate dinner. Once lunch was over, Josh and I ran some errands and came home.

I ended the night by doing some reading for classes while Josh watched the Pro Bowl! The weather is being a little spotty so, the big question is whether we will have classes tomorrow or not. I'm predicting we will... but, maybe we'll have a delay. The forecast just keeps changing so much. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up just getting all rain.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your mom!

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was there when you saw Josh after he got his email! He's going to be a great RA!

    ~Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...