Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/15/14

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Weekend Recap 9/15/14

So, it looks like I am turning into a Weekend Recap blogger now... ugh that feels so weird for me to even type out, but I can't begin to describe to you life as a senior in college. I've been so busy working on my capstone projects, applying to grad schools, working in Res. Life, and trying to live life to the fullest. I usually pride myself on being able to balance everything, but recently I feel like I am just barely keeping afloat, and unfortunately that means Radiating Sunshine has been being neglected! Hopefully once I establish a routine and life calms down, I'll be able to get back to one of the things I love the most... blogging. 

But, seeing as it is Monday and another great weekend has come and gone, I decided to write a brief recap of all of the fun things I did this weekend: 

Wednesday night: College night with some of my favorite friends! 



Thursday: In between work and classes I decided to head to the mall for some retail therapy. I just really needed to get some new shoes and jeans, and then things were on sale and you know how that works! 
I'm getting ready to retire the jellies for the year! No worries they'll be back in the Spring!
Friday:


Friday was a glorious day! After the Ravens victory over the Steelers I got to parade Josh around in a Ravens T-Shirt all day... a few months back we made a bet that whatever team lost would have to wear apparel of the other team. But really, what is better than a Ravens win? Seeing your die hard Steelers fan/ boyfriend wear a Ravens t-shirt all day!


On Friday night after work, bible study, and some much needed homework time... Josh and I went to see The Fault in Our Stars. Let me just say, I cried like a baby. We brought tissues to be prepared and all of that, but since I had read the book I thought I could keep it together for the most part. Well, turns out that my hold-back-the-tears crying ability skills need to be sharpened because as soon as I started to sniffle, it was like the flood gates came crashing down, and I cried for the last thirty minutes of the movie and the walk home. But, I did determine that although I might be a little overly emotional, if you didn't think that The Fault in Our Stars was sad you might have some serious emotional issues.... I mean come on that story... it just hurts... so badly. 
I think purple might be his color? Disclaimer: I made him smile!
Saturday:


Was a long-but-wonderful-and-fun day! I decided to give Josh a break from driving all the time so I showed up at his house around 9:00am so we could get back to school and work the registration table for Family Fest. Family Fest is an annual event my college hosts where all the families of students are invited to come on campus and go to a bunch of different events. 

Well, as I said earlier, Josh and I ran the registration table and for two hours we handed out tickets and regurgitated the same "due to weather blah blah event has been moved inside" line over and over again! Despite the redundancy of the job, I absolutely loved it! I'm kind of a Higher Ed/ talking to parents freak, and it was just so nice to meet so many families and to help them have a great experience at Family Fest. Plus, Josh and I got to work together as a team to keep the line moving, and it was just so nice! 


After Family Fest duties ended, we went to one of my old resident's Homerun Derby events at the softball field, and then we went for a run. We've been trying to run more regularly as a couple, and Josh even told me my endurance is improving. I always feel so bad when we run because I feel like I'm holding him back, but it is nice to know that even if it is only by a minute or so I am actually getting better. 

Saturday was also date night! After church we headed out to dinner. We ate at a restaurant called BJ's Brewhouse, and it was absolutely delicious, as usual. Then, we just drove around, messed with the radio until Dirt by Florida Georgia Line came on, got frosties, and just enjoyed each other's company. We also got tickets to an evening Family Fest event, so we got to see Daniel Martin magic-sh! He did some seriously crazy things, and I am still mind blown about how he did some of the things he did. 

Sunday: 

Came way too early and soon! For starters, I was totally wiped out from the night before. So waking up at 7:00am was literally torture. But, I'm glad I did because I got to see my parents and go to the Honors Induction Ceremony. After the ceremony/reception my parents and I went to a local french restaurant for brunch, and I got to teach them the things I'm learning in Sign Language! It was nice being able to catch up with them and just be goofy.




This Cafe Latte was the only thing that got me through that long homework filled day! But, the good news is that I finished my Ethics paper, did my Experimental Learning quizzes for the week, studied for my Ethics exam tomorrow and freaked out about everything else I have to do this week and made an elaborate hour by hour schedule. So, all and all it was a good and productive night. 

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...