Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/8/14

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Recap 9/8/14

Another weekend has come and gone and I am sitting here late on a Sunday night just feeling so incredibly blessed and thankful for this weekend. I feel like I did so much... I got almost all of my homework done, I got to go to church, see family, hang with Josh, meet all the ladies for my bible study, had a successful RA hall program, and got to fly in a hot air balloon. 

Friday: 

After classes, work, and a few meetings I got to do probably one of the coolest things I have ever done in my entire life... I helped operate a hot air balloon. Basically, my school needed some extra hands to help run the hot air balloon station at our annual Block Party and I volunteered. I didn't do much except tie some knots and move fans but, it was so cool learning the inner workings of a hot air balloon. 


After working and a rain storm, which rained out the block party :/ We had to dry out the balloon and Josh and I got to take a ride! It was probably one of the coolest things we have ever done as a couple and I am just so thankful we get to do so many amazing things for free! Amen to being a college student on a budget :)


Saturday: 

All and all the only bad thing about my weekend was on Saturday I was overcome with fatigue. I just couldn't wake up for some reason and I felt like I was a zombie all day! But, I still did so many amazing things. For starters, Josh and I drove home to my house and we had lunch with my parents and swam! It was nice seeing my parents and I'm really excited for them to come up this coming weekend. After hanging with them for a few hours, we drove back to school and went to church with his family. Then, Josh, his brother, and me came back to school and we had pizza and a homework night before we saw Magic Man perform. My school is great about having bands come out and play for us and Magic Man was awesome. I think my favorite song they played was called Texas... which is kind of appropriate seeing as I have spent my last two summers in that huge state!


Sunday: 

I literally can't even explain to you how wonderful Sunday was. I woke up early and traveled with my friend Alex to go to her non-denominational service back at home. I love non-denom service. There is just something about the structure and the worship that just gives me so much faith. It was great seeing her family and driving around with the windows down while singing to Christian music and enjoying the sunshine.

We also stopped at a sunflower field on the way home... and I got to check off another 101 in 1001 item. So, I can officially mark 022 off my list of things to do! On top of all of my 101 in 1001 productivity, I also made incredible progress with my school work. I was really anxious all day on Saturday for everything I would have to do in the next few weeks and I got so much done on Sunday night before bible study and rounds that I just had this renewed sense of motivation.


After church, sunflower photoshoots, some grocery shopping, watching the ravens lose :/, I got to go to my friends' apartment to meet the ladies I'll be doing bible study with! I am so excited for all of our topics. I think we will be focusing on love and what it means to live a life of love. We're using outside texts so I'll be sure to share those when I have them!

And finally to end the night, I was on rounds! Not the best way to end a weekend but, I did get to have a program and I loved talking with my girls for an hour. We made a time capsule and I can't wait to have them see how much they grow over this year.

So, there you have it! Another weekend has come and gone... Sometimes I feel like I just live for the weekends; probably not the best thing to do but, I love just getting to do so many amazing things! Also, if you need a really good song that will remind you about how good God is, youtube Set a Fire by Will Reagan... it will literally give you chills!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...