Radiating Sunshine: One Year Down: Update on 101 in 1001

Monday, September 1, 2014

One Year Down: Update on 101 in 1001

So, a year ago today I decided to make a 101 in 1001 list that could help keep me accountable for accomplishing my dreams! Well, I'm a year down and I wanted to update you guys on all of the things I have accomplished during this past year!

I am 39% done and I expect to be 60% done by the next time I write this post (next year)! Anyways, here are the highlights for everything I've accomplished this year:

001 college
college... I'm still in the process of completing this one but, in a few short months I will hopefully be a college graduate! So, crazy to think that this time four years ago I was just starting the whole process and now I'm getting ready to leave behind my undergrad and actually become an adult!

003 Read some Elin Hilderbrand
 Hahaha my home girl, Elin is literally my favorite author! I've read 10 out of 15 books she has written and I have loved every single one! My favorites are "The Castaways", "Silver Girl" , "The Island" , "The Matchmaker" ... I love the way she writes and I have such a profound desire to travel to Nantucket it's borderline obsessive! Oh and I've recently discovered that one of my bosses loves her books to, so if you haven't gotten on the Hilderbrand bandwagon I would definitely recommend it because you can connect with so many different people through her novels!

Thanks for all the great stories, Elin :)

008 travel to a new state
Over this summer I got blessed with the opportunity to travel to Seattle, Washington and Alaska! I got to see so many cool places and I absolutely love Seattle... probably due to my Grey's Anatomy obsession? Anyways, Washington and Alaska are both beautiful states and I'm really glad I got to check off number 008!

015 find out what I want to do when I grow up
Yeah, so this picture doesn't really have anything to do with what I want to do when I grow up... but, I'm in the process of applying to grad schools so I see nothing but textbooks and exams in my future for the next two years... if I get in!

024 growing my hair out
I don't have a picture for number 024 but, I am in the process of growing out my hair! For those of you who don't know, I have curly hair... and the curls are somewhat hard to tame so, it's been taking a lot of effort and self-critquing to let my hair grow out. I'm like 2 inches past my shoulders and I'm still going...
 039 own a nice camera
Last Christmas, I got a fancy Canon Powershot SX400 and have loved it! If you're looking for a camera that is cheaper than a DSLR than, I would recommend checking out the Canon Powershot! It takes incredible pictures and the zoom is phenomenal.

 072 Buy an Infinity Scarf
I am a scarf person! I love to Fall and Winter months because I can cuddle up in a scarf and walk around carrying a warm cup of something. And last year, I was a scarf person who didn't own an infinity scarf! I know I was basically breaking scarf laws, anyways I was out shopping with one of my friends and I came across the cutest infinity scarf at Old Navy and I knew I had to get it! 

076 Go to Afternoon Tea
Right before I left for all of my travels, my good friend Allegra invited me and a bunch of our high school friends over for some afternoon tea. We had scones and lemon tea and I was such a happy camper. I used to love tea parties when I was little and this was the perfect way to bring some sweet nostalgia.

So, that's just a little update on my 101 in 1001 list! I'm sure I could keep going on and on about all of the things I've managed to do, but for now I figured keeping it a highlights only would be nice. If you're interested in making a 101 in 1001 list, I would definitely recommend it! You can check mine out or just google search 101 in 1001; you will find thousands of lists and they can be very inspiring.

In my Adult Psychology class last semester I learned the importance of creating a bucket list. Bucket Lists actually really helps you stay accountable and live a life that has meaning and value. So, sure some of the things on my list I wouldn't normally do like "swim in a fountain" but, they are all things I want to be able to look back on and remember those moments fondly. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...