Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 9/1/14

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekend Recap 9/1/14

I'm so excited to announce that weekend recaps are officially back! Now that the first week/ weekend has come and gone, I'm glad I can start updating y'all on what's been going on in my life.

Wednesday Night: Yeah yeah, I know Wednesday isn't the weekend. But, I felt obligated to share a picture from the first College Night of the year! Can't wait to see what the rest of this year holds for all of these lovely ladies... and the guy who has half of his face in our picture!


I just found this to be so inspirational! Thank goodness for @GodPosts

Friday night: After going out with a few friends to a restaurant in Frederick we all came back and went to Senior Piano Night at our school! I can't even describe how awesome the piano bar was. We got 5 free drink tickets and got to enjoy seeing all of our friends. It was really cool how you didn't have to be 21 to go so, everyone could be included.

yeah we all had a really good time!

Saturday: was a perfect day! Let me just say on Friday night J and I made plans to go for a run on Saturday morning and everyone was doubting me on Friday night at the Piano Bar... but, guess who went for a run with her boyfriend on Saturday, yeah that's right... this girl! Anyways, on Saturday morning J came over and we went for a run, which was basically 10 minutes of running and 20 minutes of walking. But, regardless we went for a run! After walking around aimlessly for awhile and exploring new parts of the Mount, we got breakfast and ended up visiting friends at the Crab Feast.

While at the Crab Feast we met up with our friends Justin and his girlfriend and we ended up staying and ate crabs with them! J has never picked crabs before so as a Maryland gal I was so excited to show him how to do it. I was honestly surprised when he wasn't revolted by picking crabs. I feel like if you're not raised doing it you generally don't like it. But, J surprised me as usual and had fun! It's nice to know the picking crabs are in our future :) Anyways, after the crab feast he went to the Key's game with his family as I hunkered down in the library for some much needed homework time.

After the Key's and library dates were over J came back over and hung out with me while I was on rounds (RA duty). I love when people visit me while I'm on rounds and it was nice knowing that after each rounds regardless of what happened I would be coming back to my room to find him there. We attempted for the second time to watch Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring. Last time we ran out of time before he had to drive home and this time, between rounds and just being exhausted we still couldn't finish it. I have a bad feeling we will never find out what happens to Frodo!


All you can eat crabs for $5... who could say no!?
 Sunday: as usual was a homework day-- I know big surprise there! In between homework and talking with residents I went to a barbecue for a little while, saw my friend Allyson who was visiting this past weekend, went to church, and got some much needed cleaning done. I felt like I did so much and I'm really thankful I was so productive so I could kind of take it easy this week (a little).

And that's all for now! I'm going to try to be better at taking photos for the blog. Every time I do something or go somewhere cool I totally forget to take any pictures and then, I freak out to J saying "I don't have any pictures for the weekend recap" and yeah... you get the point! Anyways, I'll do better. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! I would LOVE to go back to college for a year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit, hahaha! I'm sure I'll feel the same way soon

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...