Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 3/10/14

Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Recap 3/10/14

This past weekend was amazing! Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. 

Thursday night: My friend, Josh and I went to hear a guest speaker, Manny Scott who was an original Freedom Writer. We saw the movie the night before and it was probably one of the best talks I've ever been too. Mr. Scott has seen so much and has truly overcome tragedy. From a High School drop out to receiving his PhD, he is an inspiration to all. He has touched so many individuals lives and really inspires me to work hard and never give up. 

Friday night: Relay for Life night!! What an amazing experience it was! From 7pm-7am a bunch of Mount students including my fellow RA friends participated in a Relay to raise money for cancer research. Our team raised over our goal and our school raised over $25,000. It was an incredible night full of laughter, remembrance, and exercise. 
Our awesome banner!
My friend James bought me a princess crown to wear around!
Hopefully one day we won't need to have Relays for Life because they've
found the cure… well, one can only hope!
Post three-legged race… We fell as we crossed the finish line!
Our Relay has a make-shift jail that you can send your friends to with a donation!
The only way one can get out of jail is if (via jail) you raise twice as much as was donated
to get you in there. I spent quite sometime in jail and realized that I will sing and dance for a few dollars. 
Saturday: Besides taking a 4 hour nap, I got done three loads of laundry, did a little bit of homework, and went out with Josh! We went out to dinner and then checked out Battle of the Bands! It was a lot of fun seeing fellow Mount students getting up on stage and showing the community their talents.  

Sunday: We lost an hour of sleep, which totally bummed me out because on top of relay I didn't go to bed until around 4am on Sunday morning so 10 hours of sleep total for three days is not my cup of tea. However, I woke up early and had a delicious brunch at my friend's apartment. Then, did homework and went on rounds. My two best friends, Alex and Hannah came and spent time with me while I was on duty and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard that I cried! It was the perfect night even though I was so tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...