Radiating Sunshine: Stay Golden Link Up: 3/13/14

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Stay Golden Link Up: 3/13/14

                                     Stay Gold: The Weekly Positivity Link-up!

So, one of the blogs I recently discovered, Warrior Queen is co-hosting a weekly link up all about p o s i t i v i t y! And you better believe that I'm gonna be joining in on the fun! What a perfect opportunity to blog about positive things! So, before I start the post go check out Raewyn's blog and join in on this awesome link up!

So, where to start… positivity is one of my things… which, in more understandable terms basically means I love it. I love acknowledging positivity and living a positive lifestyle. I love that I'm a psychology major and I can focus on happy things sometimes. I love sharing with others the happiness that I feel and that the majority of the time they give me.

One of my favorite psychologists, Martin Seligman, who is also the father of positive psychology has been studying for years what makes people happy. Anyways, besides loving his work and being a total positive psychology nerd; I also love any articles written about living a positive lifestyle. One of my all time favorites, is a Huffington Post article called The Habits of Supremely Happy People. This article even sites Seligman which, means it is definitely a must read. Anyways, the article goes on to list a ton of different habits of happy people. And surprisingly research shows that "the pursuit of pleasure" is not what brings about happiness.

But, what does bring about happiness? Well, with the help of this inspiring article I am writing about things that bring me happiness and continue to help me live a positive lifestyle:

Appreciating simple pleasures: this is simple, hahaha… but, seriously taking the time to just recognize the warmth of the sun or the wind blowing through your hair is so important. Acknowledging the little things like the perfect glass of water or a good hair day… however simple, happy people are more likely to appreciate it.

Try to be happy: yeah, sure this one can be a bit obvious. But, trying to smile on a rainy day is actually ten times better than complaining and getting caught in the rain. So, the little act of trying to be happier often will boost your mood.

Stick with the deeper conversations: lately, I've been noticing the truth in this so much lately. Now, its great to check in with people and see how their day has been going… but, it is even better to get to know them on a personal level.

Look on the bright side: Being optimistic can do wonders for your life. By finding the rainbow in every rain storm has a ton of health benefits--- like "decreasing stress and tolerance for pain" but, seriously it is so much more fun to live a glass half full than a glass half empty type of lifestyle!

Get spiritual: Whatever you choose, it has been studied that being a religious or spiritual person actually makes you happier. For me, I love being Christian. I love jamming to Christian music and sharing my faith with others. I truly believe that Jesus is the best thing in my life and I want him to be present in every relationship I have.

Have you exercised today: Well, that's a serious question because even choosing to take the stairs over the elevator will make you more positive. So, get up and have a dance party with your roommate or go for a walk with your significant other, because at the end of the day it will help.

Laughter is the Best Medicine: Laughing until my stomach hurts, smiling till my cheeks ache, until tears come to my eyes. Laughter releases happy neurotransmitters to the brain and those happy neurotransmitters can drastically improve your daily life and positivity is sure to follow.

If you haven't already, please go check out the article I sited above! They have an even better list full of research to back up what they are talking about. Happy Thursday, lovelies!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! And I love that your a psychology major focusing on positive psychology! I was always so intrigued by psychology and contemplated minoring in it, but I had too much on my plate.

    Thank you so much for reading my blog and linking up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I literally love being allowed to study about positivity. I would definitely choose to go down the positive psych path if i could.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. It was definitely needed
    xoxo

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Dani!! Of course :) Happy Friday!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...