Radiating Sunshine: Quote Journal

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Quote Journal


 I find so much beauty in series of words that are strung together in an eloquent fashion. Words that form sentences, that form thoughts, that form impressions, that form actions, that form memories. Words have a tremendous impact on an individual.  They can inspire a whole group of individuals to keep fighting for what they believe in. They can save someone from a dark time. They can make you ponder what it means to love and be loved. Words have a unique power to invoke in an individual, a feeling that is much greater than one they ever could have imagined. 

A few months back I bought a beautiful journal. On every other page there are verses from the bible and I knew that I was going to do something useful with this. At first I intended to make it my prayer journal. Somewhere I could write my prayers down and keep notes on the sermons at church. But, then a new idea formed and suddenly this beautiful journal became a place where I write down beautiful words. 

My favorite quotes cover their pages. I've also recently started making themed pages too. The photo above is features quotes from famous love stories... I'm not gonna share every page with y'all but, F. Scott Fitzgerald covers the majority of the pages ;) That guy knew how to write!

Writing in my quote journal has kind of become therapeutic. I love drinking a warm cup of coffee, turning on some music, and just writing away. The quotes that really interest me often influence more research and before I know it I have an enormous book list that I must read. 

I would definitely recommend creating a quote journal. I've found that even when I'm having a chat with a friend or talking to a resident, the conversations will remind me of a quote and I'll pull out the book and share it with them.


P.S. I'll be announcing the giveaway winner later this week!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this journal!! The combination of bible verses and empty space to write! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, thanks so much! Hopefully one day it will be a full book and I can pass it down to my kids :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...