Radiating Sunshine: Lets Make Cooking Fun

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Lets Make Cooking Fun

Sometimes making dinner can be boring. You get into the flow of things. You have your protein, your vegetables, your starch (well thats what almost all of my meals look like, anyways). But, if you pretend to be on "Master Chef" or really any cooking show you can instantly spice up (sometimes literally) your meal. 

So, this last Friday my friend Alex and I decided we were gonna make dinner at her apartment. We were just gonna pick up a few ingredients from my school's cafeteria and whip something up. But, that would have been too boring. We decided instead to pick up a few ingredients and one mystery ingredient.


The 10 ingredients we used for our Friday night dinner, "master chef" style are as follows:

onion
cherry tomatoes
parmesan cheese
spinach
chicken
1 egg
a cup of rice
spices
3 tablespoons of italian dressing
mystery ingredient: corn flakes

We had 45 minutes to prepare our meal and boy is that what we did! 


We caramelized the vegetables, steamed the rice, breaded the chicken with a crushed corn flake & egg crumb mixture, mixed in the italian dressing into the rice and created a darn good meal. Turns out you don't have to be a "master chef" to create a delicious meal.

The only thing we really need to work on for next time is how to we can bread the chicken better. So, if you have any advice on that comment below!

Corn Flake breaded chicken with faux vegetable risotto 
It was blast coming up with the ingredients and deciding what we'd make with them all. Also, if I may say writing this post made me so hungry because this dinner was amazing. Happy Thursday friends :)

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes if you mix buttermilk and egg for the "bath" mixture before you bread the chicken, it'll help it stay on longer. That also looks incredibly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, we're cooking tomorrow night so I will definitely have to try that! Great idea because we have run into the issue before. And I know every time I see the picture of the finished product I instantly get hungry!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. This is AWESOME!!! Such a fun idea! Is your dining hall crazy when you try to take things to go?? Our main one was nuts about it... but maybe that's because I tried to take a whole sleeve of bagels once... whoops! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, we pay by the item so if I get a sandwich I pay for the sandwich, so they were okay with me getting a bunch of salad bar related items. / was yours buffet style?

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. That looks delicious!!!!! Great recipe, seems pretty easy to make!

    xx, Cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it was so fun and easy! Definitely delicious too. :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh- this looks absolutely delicious! And it looks like you had fun making it too. Now I'm hungry!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea, I'm sorry I've made you hungry! It was so easy and really cheap to make. You should definitely try something like this when you're cleaning out your fridge for the move!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  5. Okay this is beyond fun! What a cool idea! I totally want to do this one night. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, please do it! and let me know how it turns out. Seriously though I feel like you have to occasionally be wild when you cook in so much.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Rhea it was delicious! Can't wait for the guest posts.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...