Radiating Sunshine: Spring 2014 Programming Printable/ Ideas

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Spring 2014 Programming Printable/ Ideas

A new semester means a new round of programming that needs to be planned and produced. I'm very excited to present to you, my Spring 2014 Programming Printable! If you cannot download the picture directly from this post you can download the google doc, here!


Anyways, programming is one of the best parts of the job. And like most Res Life programming models ours focuses on individual (with floor) and building wide programs (with staff). So, below I have some programming ideas that I wanted to share with you all. One nice thing about our model is that we have to fit our programs with the month's theme so it does give us some structure. 

Community Needs/ Wellness
individual
ice-cream social / welcome back to Spring Semester
Healthy Snacking 101
Yoga or Zumba videos

building
Alcohol/ Drug Awareness-- "Lets Get Baked"-- Cookies and brownies with drug/alcohol facts attached
Love Yourself: Valentine's Social
Healthy Eating and Yoga
Letters to the Soldiers for MLK Day


Diversity and Community Engagement
individual
diversity bingo & craft night
St. Patrick's day drug & alcohol 
Sponsorship with Center for Student Diversity 

building
diversity social 

Service to Others
individual
gospel choir block party
send cards to the military
donation baskets

building
service day
plant flowers
canned food drive

Values, Goals & Closure
individual
end of the year party
goals for next semester
stress relief during finals 

building
open time capsules
stress relief during finals


Those are just a few programming ideas. If you have any fun things you'd 
like to see me do with my girls I would love to hear them!

6 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea just to stay on track with new year's resolutions! Super cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about that! Totally :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. I love the idea with the cookies/brownies with drug and alcohol facts attached--since food is the number-one way to catch residents' attention!

    For your diversity social it might be fun to invite international students/residents with backgrounds in another culture to help prepare a "booth" for a diversity fair with foods from their home country/culture, trifold boards with facts, and stuff like that! My building did something like that when I was a resident and I really enjoyed it.

    Love your blog!

    http://undergraduatestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we have the program tomorrow and I'm so excited to hang out the baked goods!!

      and that is a great idea! I love that, can't wait to connect more with RA related stuff/ HCBN!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. I'm stopping by from HBCN and I just started following you on google friend connect. This post kind of makes me miss living on campus. Law students at my school don't get to live on campus :(

    Ashley @ downsizingashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,
      thanks for stopping by/ the follow!! And I couldn't imagine, I'm sorry. You can live vicariously through my programming posts :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...