Radiating Sunshine: The Best Ways to Spend a Snow Day

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Best Ways to Spend a Snow Day

So, how can you improve a 4 day weekend? Well, by making it a 5 day weekend because of snow that's how. But, seriously people a 5 day weekend and a delay the next day is the way to go. I wish every week could be like this. The only downside is that I'm really suffering from a lack of motivation, but hey what can you do?  

Anyways, I wanted to share the best ways to spend a snow day: 

1) Get rations… when in college you will most likely at some point or another have to walk outside to get food from the dining hall. (unless you're one of those lucky people who have the dining hall in their building & if you are just stop reading this because your life is already awesome). Anyways, a key to a successful snow day is to relax and not have to walk 5+ minutes in the bitter cold for food. 


My rations included: 
- peanut butter & jelly sandwich
- cheese popcorn
- captain crunch
- ramen
- orange
- water & iced tea

2) Go to channel USA and watch 4+ hours of Law & Order: SVU. Seriously, this is the best way to spend a cozy day inside with Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler.

3) Do some homework. Yeah, I know that sounds boring and unenjoyable but look at the snow day as an extra day to play catch up. Even if you only read one chapter its still something and you'll feel less like a bum and more like a productive procrastinator. 


4) Do something you really enjoy… like baking… banana bread… for the full recipe, click here.


5) Watch movies… tons and tons of movies.

So, I'd say I had a pretty successful snow day. Not gonna lie I was a little bitter that I didn't have an additional day off today, but hey I'll take what I can get. Happy Wednesday, friends :) Only two days left until the weekend is here again.

8 comments:

  1. SO jealous of your snow day!! I spent 15 minutes yesterday scraping all the snow/ice off my car when I got off!! I would have much rather been at my apt in warm comfy clothes watching tv lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet!! I think I saw a tweet or something about how you had to go to work or something. Thanks for the comment girlie!

      Delete
  2. Yes! SVU!! I have Tuesdays off in the spring and fall, and coincidentally those are SVU days so that's aaaaaall I do all day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I'm pretty sure I've seen all the episodes hahaha

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. I love this post. :) And SVU is basically one of my favorite sick/rainy/snow day shows. I don't watch the new ones now that Elliot is gone, but I love the old ones!

    allisonleighann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the new ones either! Reruns are my favorite!! Thanks for the comment, Allison!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. My mom and I ALWAYS watch SVU together whenever we're both home! Especially on snowdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, SVU never gets old! It amazes me how many times I can watch the same episode!!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...