Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 1/27/14

Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Recap 1/27/14

Thursday night: I've been so lucky that for the past two weeks in a row, I have been able to go to the campus activity nights. So, this week the Mount hosted ice-skating! Now, I can't ice-skate to save my life. In life, there are people who are naturally graceful, and well I'm not that... at all. Anyways, my two best friends, Alex and Hannah went with me and we had a blast. The three of us have been so busy recently so it was so nice to get out and have some fun. 



Friday: was wild… just kidding. But, seriously Friday was a great day. After my one 50 minute class, a nap, program shopping, and work; I met up with Alex and we decided to have a cooking night. (I promise to explain our master chef cooking frenzy later this week) We made a delicious breaded chicken over our version of risotto and vegetable. We also hung out with her roommates and played an intense game of "would you rather." It was such a great night. 

Flashback to Christmas Eve with my baby sis
Saturday: Was a sad day… around 11:15am the mall that I work/ shop at fell victim to crime. Someone came into the Columbia Mall and shot two people, wounded several others, and then killed himself. I am beyond thankful that my family was not shopping that day and that my co-workers all got into the back store room. I am incredibly saddened that events such as these happen in the world, especially so close to my home and in a place where I could have easily have been. The victims and their families will remain in my prayers and even in the face of all of this darkness and violence, I still have hope in humanity and in God. After hearing of the shooting, my sister texted me telling me she was so happy I wasn't at work and that I'm safe and she decided to come visit me. I love when Brooke visits and her visits are limited because she'll be in Alabama next year. Anyways, we ended up getting dinner together and went to see 12 Years a Slave. It was a devastating story, but the acting and production was incredible. We also had the theatre alone which was such a cool experience! 

Sunday: homework all day & the battle for internet at the Mount! 

6 comments:

  1. OMG that is so scary!! So happy you were not at work or even shopping when this happened. I have been praying for the victims and those effected by this horrible act. I have been wanting to see that movie but I am a sucker for crying and think we will just go rent it and watch it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, you see scary things like that on tv all the time but it is a totally different kind of fear when its your hometown they're talking about. Thanks for the prayers. and totally rent it, I was a really touching story. Glad I saw it.

      Happy Monday,
      Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. That is so scary about the mall!!! I'm glad to hear that your family is okay. On a happier note, you look GORG in that dress from Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! Seriously so scary that it happened so close to home. / Cheeburger Cheeburger is like 20 minutes from my house! If you ever make it down to MD and wanna meet up we should go there! And thanks chica!!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. Don't feel bad about the ice-skating...I've never even been! And so sad to hear about what happened at the mall :(

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Here is a link to my post about it: http://kimberlyschronicle.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebstar-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh good! I wish I was graceful and could ice-skate well! And yeah, its still so unreal. Thanks for the comment! And awesome, I'll go check it out right now :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...