Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 1/20/14

Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Recap 1/20/14

And finally the first weekend recap of the semester is upon us! I can't wait to start these posts back up again especially since this weekend wasn't just a regular weekend it was a f-o-u-r day weekend… which is pretty much the best thing that has happened in forever. Anyways, lets start recapping...


Thursday night: My weekend started with a trip to the bowling alley with the Mount's campus activities! Free bowling with some great friends equals a great start to the weekend. It was so cool bowling along side of a bunch of mounties and I think I've finally learned how to bowl without the bumpers up… (you can hold your applause until the end).



Friday: I hung out with my favorite couple, Hannah and Matt! Besides playing rounds upon rounds of QuizUp and watching Jimmy Fallon youtube videos, we went to an amazing restaurant in Downtown Frederick. We dined at Isabella's Tapas Restaurant and Bar and I can honestly say I haven't had a meal like that in so long. Now, of course I didn't think about taking photos of all the tappas we got but I'll describe some of our favorites for y'all. For starters I think the best dish we got was goat cheese wrapped in bacon served warm over toasted bread with some onions on top. My second favorite dish was probably the crab and mozzarella stuffed yucca dumplings with a garlic aioli sauce. One really cool thing about a tapas restaurant is that its the tapas come out staggered. So, we ordered at different times and always had something to nibble on at the table. 

I don't know about you guys but I'm all about the snacking/nibbling/eating all day everyday kind of life so this style restaurant was perfect!


The one dish I did manage to get a picture of was the ice-cream sampler that we ordered to end our fine meal. Like holy cow people homemade ice-cream. The flavors we ordered are: hazelnut, candy cane (my favorite), chocolate, strawberry, banana, and apple crisp. So, if any of y'all wanna give me a pint of the candy cane or straw-bana-choco-hazel-crisp I would love you forever, and ever and I'd share. 


Saturday: was a res-life kind of day! I worked RA Interview weekend, did a few hours of homework, went to Chipotle with friends, and had rounds. So, it was kind of a boring Saturday but, it was simple too. Sometimes its just really nice to not have any major plans or to go out anywhere. 


Sunday: usually Sundays are full of sad-weekend-is-over kind of feelings, but the Mount gives us Martin Luther King Day off so Sunday was like a Saturday, which means I kind of had three Saturdays since I was off on Friday too. Anyways, the highlight of Sunday besides watching the playoff games was a break from homework to go to bingo with friends. We had a great time and it didn't even matter if no one we knew won! However, I will definitely admit that when the first two seasons of Friends got taken I was a bit enraged. I also ended Sunday night with one of my favorite comedies, Wedding Crashers so Sunday was the perfect day.

Hope you had an amazing weekend! 
p.s. i apologize if this post made you famished…
p.s.s. i'm about to go play touch football with a bunch of guys, wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. AH I love QuizUp haha. And bowling. And bingo. And food. Sounds like an awesome weekend to me! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brianna, QuizUp is amazing! We need to challenge each other one time hahaha

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I hope you're enjoying your second Sunday! I'm at work, unfortunately, but at least it hasn't been too busy! I loooove watching Jimmy Fallon videos and I cannot wait to see him on the Tonight Show!! Seth Myers on the late show will hopefully be funny, too. Hmm what else... I LOVE playing Bingo!! I love all the activities your college has for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I love Jimmy Fallon and Seth Myers. And bingo is seriously so intense. It brings out the worst in Mount students and everyone becomes so wild. And me too. They have ice-skating this week, but I can't ice-skate so I'm gonna have to pass on that one.

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  3. Four day weekend? Super jealous!! Good luck a touch football! Enjoy your day off!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea,

      Four day weekend full of amazing-ness! And I got a touchdown playing football… not bragging but it was great hahaha. Hope all is well :)

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete
  4. Oh, tapas! We have a tapas place in downtown Raleigh that I want to try out, but I'm almost nervous. Thinking about it coming out as staggered mini-meals means it would be perfect for me! I take so long to eat full entrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paige, you definitely need to try the tapas place. / thanks for spelling it correctly in your comment so I could edit the post :) Honestly, I was kind of nervous but I just went in willing to try different things and I discovered new tastes. Totally try it out!

      - Alex @ Radiating Sunshine

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...