Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 4/20/15

Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Recap 4/20/15

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this weekend was! It was full of laughter, baseball, hanging with friends, and everything in between. On Friday night, I went to a wine tasting with a bunch of friends. We tried different wines from France, Spain, and Italy. After realizing I was about to be late for L'arche, I sprinted across campus and found myself on the bus without any water or dinner. But, it didn't really matter. As soon as I got to the church, I was absorbed by all of the wonderful and kind people. 

Larch of Frederick hosted a Talent Show, which was a blast. It was full of songs, dancing, and poor performances by me! I haven't gone to a L'arche event all semester and it was very nice that I could go to the last one of the semester and arguably my last event ever. Hopefully, I'll be able to go with Josh next year... but, who knows where we will be on the third Friday of every month! However, I know all of the friends I have made there will always be in some of my fondest memories while at the Mount and for that I am very thankful.

Saturday: 
I woke up bright and early and headed to the baseball field... Josh and my second home during the season! It seems like we both spend every weekend there, which we don't mind (except when my allergies start acting up). They lost both of the games on Saturday, which was a real bummer. But, they learned a lot about themselves and they continued to be positive throughout the weekend. 

After the first game, I left to go to Class Clash with some friends. They had a bunch of different activities. Some included: Escape the Room, a mechanical bull, dodgeball, obstacle courses, beach volleyball, and more! We all had an absolute blast and I started getting some sun! I have a nice v-neck tan line, which I'm desperately trying to get rid of. 

 After Class Clash, I went to Senior Fun Day. Senior Fun Day is a Mount tradition where all the seniors come together for drinks and lawn games. We also took a Senior picture, which was really nice.

 There is something just so symbolic about attending the senior events. I stopped keeping the countdown till graduation... because although I'm excited, I really just want to live in the moment. I want to absorb as much as possible in these last few weeks.

After Senior Fun Day, Josh picked me up and drove us to his house. We had pizza (Saturday night tradition) and talked the lineups and about the weekend. I made us some tapioca, which is a dessert I love and as it turns out Josh has no preference for it. He couldn't even get down a second bite! I have loved tapioca since I can remember, so it practically killed me when he said he didn't like it. But, good news is I got to finish his bowl and now I don't have to share right?
 Sunday: 
I woke up to a call from Josh saying the first game was canceled because of the field being sprayed with fertilizer. While, Josh used it as an excuse to study... and I used it as an excuse to catch up on some sleep. We went to church at the basilica and got McFlurries after, which was nice! I love mini-dates! I think I might like them even more than the really fancy dates... but, I love to dress up so it's a tough call!

After our ice-cream date ended, Josh went to warm up with the boys while I went home to get some chores done. I completed 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed, and wiped down the room. I even started packing and prepping for closing. It's crazy how this school year is already starting to come to a close.

Josh had the final game of the weekend at 5:00PM, so I bundled up and drove over. Both of our parents came to the game today, which was an extra special surprise for Josh! And I am proud to write that they won against Loyola today!
 It was an amazing feeling, seeing them win on a walk off pitch-- or something like that? All I know is Josh was running on to the field and the whole team was following him. He has worked so hard to put that team together, and to see them all play so well today was probably the best moment of the weekend.

I've been completely exhausted lately... burning the wick at both ends like usual, but that win just livened me back up! I'm ready for this week and I'm excited for next weekend too. Life is great friends and I'm enjoying every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...