Radiating Sunshine: The Essentials for College Life

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Essentials for College Life

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. All opinions are 100% mine.

In less than 2 weeks I will officially begin my senior year of college. Where did time go? It feels like it was yesterday when I was moving into my freshmen residence hall with a car full of items that we're gonna make my dorm room a home away from home. Now, as I prepare for my fourth and final trip I feel like I can dish out some advice for what you really need in your room at school, especially if that room is a dorm room.

I’m kind of a little obsessed with back-to-school shopping. Especially when it comes to replacing my old stuff and getting new school supplies. I love seeing how my dorm room has changed over the years and I love walking down the college aisles and giving advice to incoming Freshmen who are buying things they are never going use.

Unlike most college students, I have lived in "dorms" for my entire undergrad. I'm an Resident Assistant and I was always placed in a residence hall where communal bathrooms and lounges make up your dorm life experience. When I tell people that I don't have an apartment, flat, or don't share a house with my friends they instantly question my college experiences. But, let me just say I have learned how to make a small 12x12 box with cinderblock walls a beautiful space with everything I need to live a happy and healthy lifestyle.

So, today I'm writing to all college students, whether you live in a dorm or an apartment, what I have found to be some must-have college items. For starters, a good planner is a college essential. I know so many college students who think as soon as they leave High School they no longer need an agenda book. Well, I'm here to tell you, YOU'RE WRONG. Never underestimate the need to write things down. You'll think you'll remember that paper due at midnight and then when its 11:30pm and hits you that in thirty minutes 10% of your final grade is due, you will wish you took my advice on the agenda book.

Another really important item that I have found to be so useful in college is the Brita ® Water Filter pitcher. Freshmen year, I was in my friend's room and I opened her mini fridge to get a water bottle and I saw that they rearranged the shelves to fit their Brita ® water filter pitcher. My friend quickly said that there were cups next to the fridge and I can just use the Brita ®. All I remember thinking was "wow that is such a good idea." The next weekend I went out and bought my own Brita ® pitcher and have been using it every since.

I'm not going to lie to you, I think I originally bought the Brita ® pitcher because I loved how cute it was. The Brita ® pitcher comes in so many unique colors and it made water easy and accessible. I finally broke my relationship with the floor's gross water fountain and am so thankful for that!

I can't tell you how many college apartments or dorm rooms that I've been in and they have had a Brita ® pitcher. Drinking water is so important for your body and Brita ® filtration system reduces impurities from tap water. But, here is the part that you will love the most... IT SAVES YOU MONEY. Goodbye are the days where you buy bottled water. Simply fill up a cup or a water bottle and you're good to go. You can even add Crystal Light or Mio to give your filtered water some flavor. Brita ® products are available at Target, which is really nice and convenient. Also, just a side note if you’re planning on studying abroad in college, I used the Brita ® filtered water bottle for my trip. It was so nice knowing I was staying hydrated by drinking clean and great-tasting water. Not to mention using Brita ® filtered products are great for the environment.
 photo 62d59a65-b5f1-4210-9353-a9acac3313cd_zpsc0c2b983.jpg
Besides a planner and a Brita ® that is available at Target, I have found that having a dependable laptop with a memory stick is crucial. In college almost everything you do is online, unless your class requires something to be handwritten so when doing back to school shopping I would really recommend reading reviews for what laptop will work the best for you.

And finally sanitizing wipes are a must. It doesn’t matter what brand you buy, they all do the same thing, but it is so easy to spread germs in college. So, avoid the flu and make sure you wipe down your surfaces. Plus, it is just really nice to know you’re living in a clean space.

Now, obviously those are just some of the items I have in my dorm room. I don’t want you guys to think all this girl has is a laptop, planner, sanitizing wipes, and a Brita ® water pitcher. But, those are essentials that work in every space and for everyone. Other things that I love/need (think I need) are cute curtains, a nice bed spread, SHOWER SHOES, a bag to carry books in, folders, tons of wall decorations, a television, etc.

Back to school shopping can be annoying to some people, stressful to parents, and can be expensive. But, it doesn’t have to be. Make sure you’re always on the lookout for coupons and you buy things you know will give great benefits like the Brita ® water filter.

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...