Radiating Sunshine: Am I Really a Senior?

Monday, August 25, 2014

Am I Really a Senior?

Am I really a senior in college? Like seriously people when did that happen!? It feels like yesterday when I lived on my Freshmen hall (disclaimer: I'm back in a Freshmen Hall) Anyways, as I start to mentally prepare for my senior year, I'm slowly coming to a realization that my undergrad is coming to a close!
Freshmen year Tie-Dye Program with Alex
I have loved the past three years of my undergrad. I have met the greatest people and have made so many wonderful friendships. I found out what I want to do when I grow up. I discovered my passion for emerging adulthood. I have gone on service trips and have been to so many cool places. I became an RA and received the best job I've ever had. I have laughed until my stomach hurt. I gained and lost "The Freshmen 15." I have become well-rounded in my faith. I have discovered who I am and what impact I want to leave on this world.

College has meant/been so many different things to me, but above all else I think it has helped me understand who I am. I know what my flaws are and I try to work through them. I have lost friends and made new ones. I've realized what type of person I want to be and how I want people to see me. I've basically grown up. I came into college a scared Freshmen who only new a few people... and I'm going to be leaving college (hopefully) a strong and independent woman with a wealth of knowledge and a full list of contacts and LinkedIN friends!

Alex and Hilary's Birthday Party & Picnic - Sophomore Year!
To be honest, it feels kind of weird to know that this is my last year as an undergrad student. I'm hoping to go to grad school but, anything could happen. For now I'm just going to enjoy my senior year of college. I'm going to work hard in my classes, complete my honors projects, be the best RA I can to my Freshmen girls, give back to my community, and make lasting memories that I will cherish for a lifetime.
It still feels weird knowing that my last RA training has ended and my last first day of my undergrad is done. I am already feeling sad about graduation and that so many months away.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fantastic senior year!! Soak in everything you can, it really flies by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I'll try, heading to college night tonight :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...