Radiating Sunshine: ALS Ice Water Challenge

Thursday, August 14, 2014

ALS Ice Water Challenge

For the past few weeks I've been seeing a bunch of videos of people dumping ice water on their heads to raise awareness for ALS. If they didn't dump ice water on their head by the 24 hour deadline they had to donate $100 to the ALS Association... Now, I don't know the statistics for how much money the fund has raised... but, there was definitely a lot of awareness going around. I was very speculative at first because I thought it was just an attention seeking activity that has taken social media by storm... but, after reading articles and seeing how the community is getting educated about the progressive neurodegenerative disease, I started to have a better outlook on the challenge. 

So, I was nominated by my supervisor Kayla and I nominate my mom, Lisa, my supervisor, Brian, and my good friend, James! You have 24 hours to spread awareness and hopefully donate to this cause. After reading tons of stories of people who have ALS this is truly a cause that you really want to spread awareness for. 

For every view of this post I will donate 50 cents to the ALS Association, you have until 7am tomorrow morning to share this post and hopefully get as many people to view this post as possible! Help me continue this amazing challenge and thank you so much for participating. If no one has nominated you, feel free to start the chain up and keep those with ALS in your prayers :)


video







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...