Radiating Sunshine: Feeling {Beautiful}

Friday, August 29, 2014

Feeling {Beautiful}

Happy Friday, friends! So, earlier today I was having a Pinterest-therapy session and I kept stumbling across quotes that focused on women's beauty and just being beautiful in general. Now, if you have read this blog for awhile than you most likely know that I am an optimistic person. I believe that the little things in life make life worth living. I think that a person should do things for others and live a morally just life. I always try to smile at strangers and to hopefully make someone's day. 

But, while all of those are nice I am constantly struggling with "beauty." Now, I'm a reasonable person and I realize that society's image for what a woman should look like is just wrong... a woman doesn't have to be a zero, have perfectly straight hair, white teeth, the perfect cup size... the list could go on! So, why am I struggling with my own beauty? This summer I really worked on finding my natural beauty... I went days without wearing make up and even some days where I didn't even do my hair (I'll let you imagine what happened with that one) But, even after building my self-confidence up I am still struggling with seeing myself as someone who is beautiful. 


So, most of the time when I have an issue, I seek advice or consultation from friends and family! I am beyond blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who are endlessly supportive... and although their kind words help; I needed something deeper. And of course, the only place where I can find truth and inspiration is from the Bible so, I decided to start reading chapters that focuses on beauty and inner beauty and here are just a few things I found:

you are altogether beautiful, my love; 
there is no flaw in you - Song of Solomon 4:7

i praise You, for i am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well - Psalm 139:14

for the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the 
outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart - 1 Samuel 16:7

so we do not lose heart. though our outer self is 
wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day - 2 Corinthians 4:16

I find so much comfort in reading scriptures and bible verses. I find so much renewal in God and Jesus. I'm endlessly grateful that I have faith in Him and even on the days when I'm not feeling the prettiest I know that through Him I am made whole, like seriously how amazing is that! Now, I know I'm not going to feel drop dead stunningly gorgeous every second of my life {and if I did I would probably be reading verses on vanity as opposed to inner beauty}... but, it is so important to love yourself and feel comfortable in your own skin. So, I'm going to go running with my boyfriend who could literally run circles around me, I'm gonna continue with my make-up free days, and I'm gonna get dressed up and wear a cute outfit when I'm having a bad day. And lastly, I'm going to feel beautiful because life is too short to worry about my pants size or whether my hair is frizzy. And after all I was created by someone who clearly knows what He is doing! I pray that you feel beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...