Radiating Sunshine: Summer Vacation is Over

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer Vacation is Over

So, I officially move back to college today... it is crazy that I'm already heading back for RA training. I have loved the past two weeks I've spent at home. I have managed to see so much family, spend time with friends and J, and do so many fun things. It is crazy to think that I'm heading back for my senior year! Anyways, here is how I spent my last two wonderful weeks at home: 


I went to the fair with J and my family. We saw all of the baby animals, played bingo, walked around the rides, had funnel cake, and saw a pig race. It was the perfect night and we couldn't have asked for better weather. It was a true summer night :)

I also got to spend tons of time with my favorite lady, June! I have missed her so much and can't wait until I'm home again to play fetch and give her treats. Disclaimer: she is laying right next to me as I write this post.

Being able to cook whatever I want has been a real blessing. For the past two months I hadn't had access to a kitchen so, when I got home I started taking advantage of it. I baked cookies, made delicious breakfasts, used the parmesan that I bought in Italy on almost every dish you could reasonably put parmesan cheese on. I'm going to miss the kitchen so much and I am not looking forward to going back to dining hall food.

On Friday, I went down to Baltimore with two of my friends from High School. We met up with my aunt and her husband and went on a wonderful cruise around Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I absolutely love that city and it was so nice hearing the live band and seeing the city all lit up at night. We were celebrating my uncle's birthday and I literally am so thankful I got to hear stories from when they were young and really get to catch up with them. As we were cruising by the marina, there was a band playing and they did a cover of Jimmy Buffet's Uncle John's Band. And with the cool breeze flowing through my hair and the smell of summer in the air, I had to just freeze that moment because in twenty years from now I will think about that boat ride and realize that that was a true summer night, full of great memories with great people. 

Such a great night with Petra, Molly, and some Bud Lights
Love my Aunt Paula so much! And her taste in drinks :)
freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit crushes!
My favorite city!
I feel so blessed for getting a little bit of time at home before school starts back up and I get right back into the hustle and bustle of busy psych major/RA life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...