Radiating Sunshine: Weekend Recap 3/21/16

Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Recap 3/21/16

Holy moly how is it already Mach 21st! This year has been flying by, but I feel like I have accomplished and done so much This past weekend was one dedicated to studies, duty, work, and friends. So, really not a bad weekend!

Friday night... a few of my college friends came up and we ate Chinese food and played board games. I haven't seen everyone together since New Years so it has definitely been awhile. It's never a dull moment with Hannah, Bobby, Joel and Matt! I also don't think I've ever laughed so hard while playing scattegories before in my entire life!

Saturday... The university I work at hosted Accepted Student's Day and me and my fellow RD friend Alex spent our morning talking to families about Housing and Residence Life. I think its time that I do an internship with Admissions because although I hate working on Saturday mornings, Open Houses make me so energized. Suddenly two hours past, my feet started to ache, and I felt over the moon about all of the questions I got to answer! Plus hanging out with the queen of extroverts (Alex) really is the best thing ever!
After I finished up at the Open House and Residence Hall tours, I went back to my apartment and watched movies and relaxed with my friends. I think I have determined that watching a movie or movies with your greatest friends is the BEST WAY to watch a movie/movies. We watched Blades of Glory (or the last half hour-- shout out to Montreal) and then San Andres. The commentary that was made was definitely more interesting than the movies.

Once the rest of the crew arrived, we embarked on a homemade dinner exploration and made various dips and chicken fajitas. I'm used to just feeding one guy, but feeding six was a completely different ball game. However, the fajitas were a hit and I'm really looking forward to the leftovers this week!

Later in the evening we played more board games. We always play a game called Werewolf, which is very similar to mafia. My friend James does an incredible job narrating the game and watching everyone always go after someone is hysterical.

Sunday... was a day full of brunch, naps, homework, cleaning my apartment, going to the gym, taking a bubble bath, and meal prepping for this week! I was telling my DA and RA that I really can't picture what my Sundays will look like post grad school (in two years)! Homework has been a part of my life for so long, that I may get bored on Sundays not having anything to do (JK).
I'm really looking forward to this upcoming week. For starters, Easter is ALMOST here! I'm ready for a fountain soda come Sunday afternoon. Although I have loved giving up soda and my water intake has definitely gone up, I really miss the carbonation and sweetness of a coke or a pepsi. I'm also looking forward to turning 23 on Wednesday. Yes, the golden year is upon us and I'm determined to make it the best year I've ever had! Everyone always talks about how 23 is a boring birthday and while that might be true, I'm going to start doing things that will make everyone in my life happy and will definitely be documenting all of my adventures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and stopping by Radiating Sunshine! Your comments mean the world to me, so I will do my very best to respond to them. If you have any direct questions please email me at radiatingsunshineblog@gmail.com

Remember, "every time you smile at a someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing"- Mother Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...